|Born||1973 (age 40–41)
Dover, Kent, England
Bellamy attended Middlesex University studying Performance Arts, graduating in 1993.
In 1996, she played the role of Jamie Merrick in A Touch of Frost : "Deep Waters". In 1997 she played the role of the religious fanatic, Sue Taylor, in BBC's EastEnders, but she is best known for her part in ITV's Emmerdale as Laurel Thomas. She won the Best Soap Actress title at the 2008 TV Quick & TV Choice Awards and has also been nominated several times at the British Soap Awards and once at the National Television Awards.
In late 2006 Bellamy announced she was pregnant for a second time and left the soap in early Spring 2007. The pregnancy was written into the show. Bellamy gave birth to her second child, a boy whom she named Herbie (born 2007). She also has a son called Sunnie (born 2004).
It was announced on 28 May 2009 that she was expecting her third child in October 2009, and that she would return to Emmerdale in the New Year. On 19 October 2009 at 11:05am Bellamy gave birth to her first daughter, whom she named Teddie Boo Florence.
On 19 March 2011, she opened Poundland in Thetford, Norfolk.
Awards & nominations
- British Soap Awards 2008 - 'Best Actress' - nominated
- British Soap Awards 2008 - 'Best Dramatic Performance' - nominated
- TV Quick & TV Choice Awards 2008 - 'Best Soap Actress' - won
- National Television Awards 2008 - 'Best Serial Drama Performance' - nominated
- British Soap Awards 2010 - 'Best Actress' - nominated
- TV Choice Awards 2010 - 'Best Soap Actress' - nominated
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|