Charlotte Kalla (2012)
|Full name||Marina Charlotte Kalla|
22 July 1987 |
Tärendö, Norrbotten Sweden
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Updated on 2014-03-02.|
Marina Charlotte Kalla (born 22 July 1987) is a Swedish cross-country skier who has been competing since 2004. She won a bronze medal in the 4 x 5 km relay at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2009 in Liberec. Her best individual finish at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships was fifth in the 10 km event at Sapporo in 2007.
2010 Winter Olympics
Kalla won the gold medal in the women's 10 km individual for Sweden at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada, with a time of 24:58.4. She also won a silver in the team sprint event with Anna Haag at those same games.
2014 Winter Olympics
Kalla won a silver medal in the skiathlon event on 8 February in Sochi, and another in the classical race on 13 February. In the relay competition, which was held on February 15, she ran in the final leg and started third with a 25.7 sec lag behind the first place and a 19.9 lag behind the second place, but managed to fully reduce the gap and overtake her competitors in the final straight, leading Sweden to a gold medal. After Olympics Pajala Airport changed the name for "Kalla International Airport".
World Cup victories
|28 October 2007||Germany||Düsseldorf||Team sprint
(with Britta Norgren)
|28 December 2007
– 6 January 2008
|Nove Mesto, Prag,
Asiago, Val di Fiemme
|2007/2008 Tour de Ski|
|22 November 2008||Sweden||Gällivare||10 km freestyle|
|15 February 2010||Canada||Canmore||10 km freestyle|
- "Kalla vinnare i Tour de ski". Sydsvenskan (in Swedish). 25 January 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Sven-Erik P, 07 maj 2012 kl 8:41 Anmäl. "Kalla klar för Piteĺ Elit – Sport – Piteĺ-Tidningen". Pitea-tidningen.se. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
- Charlotte Kalla Swedens First Winter Olympics Gold Medal at Vancouver
- "Sweden's Charlotte Kalla secures cross country crown". BBC Sport. 2010-02-15. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- Olmos, Cecilia (22 February 2010). "German women’s team wins gold in cross country". The Toronto Observer. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Kalla wins Sweden's first medal at Sochi 2014". SR International – Radio Sweden. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Kalla brings the gold home for Sweden in ladies' relay". Fis-Ski. Retrieved 2014-02-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlotte Kalla.|
|This biographical article relating to Swedish cross-country skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|