Charlotte Preparatory School
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (December 2007)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
The school was founded in 1971 as Charlotte Montessori School. It moved to its current 13-acre southeast Charlotte campus off Sardis Road in 1992. In 1998 the school added a middle school and the name was changed to Charlotte Preparatory School to reflect its mission and educational philosophy.
Charlotte Prep enrolls more than 380 students in grades pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. More than 35 percent of its student body is made up of students from diverse backgrounds. The average class size is 15-20, with a 12:1 student-teacher ratio.
The Early School (ages 2–1/2 through 5) is based upon the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Head of School Blair Fisher has led the school since July 2012. Charlotte Prep has more than 65 faculty members; 15 have master's degrees and two hold doctoral degrees.
Associations and memberships
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
- American Montessori Society (AMS)
- Independent School Management (ISM)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- Stephen Curry (basketball), NBA point guard, Golden State Warriors
|This North Carolina school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|