Charlotte Regional Medical Center
|Charlotte Regional Medical Center|
|Health Management Associates|
|Location||809 East Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda, Florida, United States|
|Hospital type||Acute care, Academic|
|Affiliated university||Edison State College, Charlotte Technical Center|
|Founded||August 17, 1947|
|Lists||Hospitals in Florida|
Charlotte Regional Medical Center is a 208 bed for-profit hospital in Punta Gorda, Florida, operated by Health Management Associates of Naples, Florida. It was the first hospital in Charlotte County, and the hospital first opened its doors on August 17, 1947 as Charlotte Hospital. The hospital is mostly known for its cardiology and neurology services. Charlotte Regional Medical Center saw the most damage from Hurricane Charley out of the three hospitals in Charlotte County; damage from the hurricane temporarily disabled all services at the facility. Riverside Behavioral Center is part of Charlotte Regional Medical Center.
Notable staff members
- Daniel Conahan - A convicted serial killer commonly known as the "Hog Trail Murderer", worked at the hospital prior to his extracurricular activities being linked to him.
- "CHARLOTTE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER". Hospital Soup. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "CRMC History". Charlotte Regional Medical Center. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Charlotte Regional Medical Center Reopens Emergency Room". Florida Department of Environmental Protection. 2004-08-20. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Daniel Conahan Jr.". ZoomInfo.com. Zoom Information, Inc. 2000-12-23. Retrieved 2010-10-09.