|Born||Charlotte Julia Ronson
7 August 1977
London, England, UK
|Education||New York University|
Ronson always had an interest in fashion, however, she began designing after friends asked her to create pieces for them. She graduated from New York University (NYU) after majoring in Studio Art and interned at Harper's Bazaar, Rolling Stone, and with designer Cynthia Rowley.
In 2001, she began garnering attention from popular fashion magazines such as Vogue. By May 2002, Ronson had opened her flagship store on Elizabeth Street in New York. The Charlotte Ronson brand is partnered with Japanese apparel company, The Wall.
The original line of C. Ronson is now an offshoot of the larger Charlotte Ronson brand and the current New York store is now located on Mulberry Street. In 2008, Ronson designed a collaboration called "Play" by C. Ronson for Urban Outfitters, named after a mixtape her sister, Samantha Ronson, made for her. She designed a line for JCPenney called I 'Heart' Ronson. Spring 2009 was Ronson's first showing in Bryant Park, the main tents, for New York Fashion Week.
Charlotte Ronson's brand has been worn by celebrities such as Mischa Barton, Gisele Bündchen, Andy Dick, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss, Ellen Pompeo, Nicole Richie, Winona Ryder, Jessica Simpson, and Gwen Stefani.
Ronson was born the daughter of writer and socialite Ann Dexter-Jones and real estate mogul Laurence Ronson. She has said that her mother was strict when she was growing up and would not let her attend concerts.
She is related to politicians Malcolm Rifkind and Leon Brittan, and is the niece of businessman Gerald Ronson. Her parents are of Ashkenazi Jewish descent, with ancestors from Russia, Lithuania and Austria and Ronson was raised in Masorti Judaism. Ronson's family name was originally Aaronson but her grandfather Henry Ronson changed it to Ronson.
She has two siblings, twin sister Samantha Ronson, who is a DJ, and older brother Mark Ronson, who is a music producer, singer/songwriter, and DJ as well. Ann Dexter-Jones and Laurence Ronson divorced. Ronson's mother re-married, to Mick Jones of Foreigner, and the family relocated to New York. Ronson has five half-siblings by her parents' remarriages.
-  Charlotte Ronson Homepage
- "SCISSOR SISTERS; the New British Fashion Pack Are Well-Connected, wildly Talented and Still under 30." The Evening Standard (London, England), 30 June 2006
-  Urban Outfitters
-  Mirchandani, Raakhee. (9 Sept 2008) "Charlotte Ronson: Fashion Week Spring '09", The New York Post
- Charlotte Ronson at Fashion Week
- "Samantha Ronson". Juicy.smashits.com. 2008-11-27. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Coyle, Jennifer. "Introducing ... Samantha Ronson DJ/singer-songwriter" The Observer Guardian, 12 December 2004
- Joseph, Claudia (20 January 2008). "The truth about the svengali seen paying a late-night visit to troubled Amy Winehouse's hotel". The Daily Mail (UK). Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- "Spain! Ibiza! The Caribbean! Ronson's Resort Line Inspired by Travels". The New York Observer