Charlton House, Wraxall
|Location||Wraxall, Somerset, England|
|Official name: Charlton House|
|Designated||13 October 1952|
Since 1927 it has housed The Downs School, a preparatory school founded in 1894 (originally in a house overlooking Clifton Down, across the Clifton Suspension Bridge). The current headmaster of the Downs School is Marcus Gunn. The school takes pupils from its reception class until year three in pre-preparatory school and then from year four to year eight in the preparatory school. At the end of year 8, most pupils feed into other local Bristol schools, such as Clifton College and Bristol Grammar School along with Queen Elizabeth's Hospital and even schools further afield such as schools in Taunton and Millfield. It is set in 60 acres (24 ha) of parkland.
- "Charlton House". Images of England. English Heritage. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Downs School, Wraxall, The , (also known as Charlton House), Bristol, England". Parks & Gardens UK. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "The Down School". The Downs School. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "The Downs School". Independent Schools Directory. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "The Downs School". Education Base. Retrieved 2 May 2013.