Chart Pattana Party (2007)
|Chart Pattana Party
|Chief Advisor||Suwat Liptapanlop|
|Founded||3 October 2007|
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
|House of Representatives|
The Chart Pattana Party (Thai: พรรคชาติพัฒนาเพื่อแผ่นดิน, English: National Development Party) is a Thai political party. The chairman of the party is Wannarat Channukul. His brother-in-law, the party's "chief advisor" Suwat Liptapanlop is however considered its de facto leader.
It was founded under the name of Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana ("Thais United National Development Party") as a merger of Thais United and the former National Development Party in September 2007. In the Thai general election, 2007, the party received enough votes to gain eight out of 480 seats in the House of Representatives of Thailand. After 2008, the party was a member of the six-party coalition government led by the Democrat Party's leader, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva. The party's leader Wannarat Channukul was Minister of Energy in Abhisit's cabinet. The party name was shortened to Ruam Chart Pattana.
In 2011, the Ruam Chart Pattana Party merged with the Puea Pandin Party and changed its name to Chart Pattana Puea Pandin. In the election on 3 July 2011, the party won 7 of the 500 seats in the House of Representatives, five constituency-based and two on the party list. Four of its constituencies are in Nakhon Ratchasima, the party's stronghold and home province of its leaders. After the elections and Pheu Thai Party's victory, the party agreed with Pheu Thai and three other minor parties to form a coalition government under the leadership of Yingluck Shinawatra. Later in 2011, the party name was again simplified to its current version.
- "ประกาศนายทะเบียนพรรคการเมือง เรื่อง ตอบรับการเปลี่ยนแปลงชื่อ ภาพเครื่องหมาย ที่ตั้ง นโยบาย ข้อบังคับ และคณะกรรมการบริหารของพรรคชาติพัฒนาเพื่อแผ่นดิน" [Political parties registrar announcement Re: Response for changing name, logo, address, policies, regulations and executives of Chart Pattana Puea Pandin Party] (pdf). Royal Thai Government Gazette (in Thai) 128 (part 179 D): 121. 29 August 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Phalang Chon eyes sports portfolio". Bangkok Post. 6 July 2011.
- 2 Thai political groups merge for co-founding new party, People's Daily Online, 14 Sep 2007
- "Puea Pandin, Ruam Chart Pattana mull merger", The Nation, 21 Dec 2010, retrieved 7 July 2011
- "Ruam Chart Pattana to be renamed", Bangkok Post, 7 April 2011, retrieved 7 July 2011
- "Ex-tennis superstar Paradorn joins Chart Pattana Puea Pandin", The Thai Financial Post, 11 April 2011
- "Former tennis star Paradorn all set to court voters at poll", Bangkok Post, 12 April 2011
- "All the talk's about jocks", The Nation, 15 May 2011
- "Give Thailand's sports stars a chance in election", Bangkok Post, 20 April 2011
|This article about a Thai political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|