Chartered Institute of Marketing
|Industry||Marketing and advertising|
|Headquarters||Moor Hall, Cookham, Berkshire, England|
CIM is a professional body with 35,000 members worldwide. CIM exists to develop both the marketing and sales professions, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing and sales practitioners, enabling them to deliver exceptional results for their organisations. It does this by providing membership, qualifications and training to marketing and sales professionals and businesses around the world.
CIM was founded as the Sales Managers' Association in 1911. In 1921 it was incorporated as ISMA and in 1928 it held its first professional exams. In 1960 ISMA changed its name to the Institute of Marketing and Sales Management, and in 1968 it became the Institute of Marketing. Since being granted the authority to award Chartered Marketer status by The Queen's Privy Council in 1998, CIM has been recognising professional excellence by awarding Chartered status. Chartered Marketer status is the mark of an up-to-date, experienced and qualified marketing professional.
In October 2014, the organisation rebranded for the first time since receiving chartered status in 1989, introducing a new brand vision and a new brand identity and logo.
CIM membership is awarded in one of three categories: Fellow, Member, or Associate. To become a Chartered Marketer, members must complete 35 hours of continuous professional development (CPD) activity annually (1 July - 30 June) for a minimum of two consecutive years. CIM also develops professional courses and awards certificates in three levels: Certificate, Diploma or PostGraduate Diploma. The CIM Marketing Excellence Awards recognise marketing programs.
- . studybusinessmasters.com http://www.studybusinessmasters.com/editorial/business_careers/chartered_institute_of_marketing_cim/. Retrieved 25 February 2013. Missing or empty
- What next for the CIM? Brand Republic 25 March 2004
- Peter Fisk stands down from CIM chief executive post, Marketing magazine, 17 March 2004
- CIM struck of charity commissions register, Marketingweek 21 October, 2004
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing relaunches with new identity and purpose Marketing Week 27 October 2014
- "Introductory Certificate in Marketing". The Chartered Institute of Marketing. Retrieved 25 February 2013.