July 11, 1988 |
Laguna Beach, California, U.S.
Chase Johnson (born July 17, 1988) is an American musician and television personality.
Chase Johnson rose to fame on MTV's Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County and much screen time featured his band Open Air Stereo. Their first live show was featured early in the third season, midway through they signed with Epic Records and the series culminated with their performance in Los Angeles at the Roxy Theatre.
In 2007, Chase moved from Laguna to Los Angeles and has been working on his solo album, which is tentatively slated for a May 2009 release. He's taken a break from recording to attend Mercedes-Benz LA Fashion Week Christian Audigier and Lauren Conrad and hosted a party at Prive in Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas on November 8, 2008.
In January 2009, at the premiere of Mall Cop, he was asked about the impending release of his album and said "…it's going amazingly well, but we'll prob [sic] push the release few months to get it absolutely perfect".
With recording of his album nearly completed, Chase began focusing on philanthropic endeavors. In December 2008, he attended the Invisible Children Acoustic Christmas Benefit at The Troubadour and the Rodney Jerkins hosted "14th Annual Christmas in the City" toy drive.
He kicked off 2009 by hosting a benefit for Operation Smile "Rock the Smile". The fundraiser was very successful; drawing over 400 attendees and raising more than $3,500 to benefit 15 children with life-improving surgeries. He continued to support non-profit organizations such as the Grammy Foundation  and attending the "LA Works pre-Grammy event with Los Angeles Magazine" 
- MTV (2006-10-25). "Inside Laguna: Open Air Stereo". MTV. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- MTV (2006-11-20). "Open Air Stereo Live Performance". MTV. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- IMDB (2008-12-22). "Chase Johnson". IMDB. Retrieved 2008-12-22.[dead link]
- Fandango (2009-01-10). "Chase Johnson". Fandango. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- WireImage (2008-12-22). "14th Annual Christmas in the City". WireImage. Retrieved 2008-12-22.
- Orange County Register (2009-01-12). "san clemente teen dance offers chance to improve a child's life". orange county register. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- look to the stars (2009-01-27). "chase johnson rocks the smile". look to the stars. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- zimbio (2009-02-04). "singer Chase Johnson arrives at The Grammy Foundation's "Music in Focus"". zimbio. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- getty images (2009-02-11). "Chase Johnson arrives for Rhino Entertainment & LA Magazine's Benefit Party For L.A. Works at The Avalon". getty images. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- getty images (2009-02-05). "Peapod Foundation Red Carpet". getty images. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|