The Chateau Aeroport-Mirabel is a closed resort themed hotel that currently sits in a derelict state at the Mirabel International Airport in Mirabel, Quebec, Canada. It is located across from the airport's (currently being demolished) terminal building, connected by an indoor passageway. It closed in 2002.
Opened in 1977 by Canadian Pacific Hotels under the name "Chateau Aeroport". It had a large indoor atrium style foyer with fully grown palm trees, garden foliage, swimming pool and heated whirlpool; over which most rooms looked. It also had a glass elevator and terraced restaurant. High season was November to May. In the past it accommodated passengers departing on early morning flights out of Mirabel Airport, with the 344 room and 11 suite complex located directly across from the airport terminal.
The hotel was a victim of the airport's decline. On August 26, 2002, facing high vacancies due to Mirabel Airport's dwindling usage, it closed after 25 years in service. Mirabel was eventually closed for passenger traffic in 2004.
The building has sat abandoned for over a decade. In February 2011, it was tentatively announced the site would reopen as a hotel and conference centre. Syscomax, a construction and management company, signed a long term lease with Montreal Airport ADM to operate the five-storey former hotel. Renovations were started on the adjacent eight-storey administration building, with plans for the premises to be used by aerospace companies until complete. However, work on the hotel building (originally set to be completed by the summer of 2012, and then pushed back to mid-2014) was never started. In November 2014, following a decision by Aeroports de Montreal, demolition of the adjacent airport's terminal building and outdoor parking structures began. It unknown at this time if the hotel (in close proximity and still abandoned) has been included in the demolition plan.
- Whyte, D. (1998). Scotland. Landmark Pub. pp. 1–183. ISBN 9781901522181. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- "Le Château Mirabel réouvert - Actualité - Accès Laurentides - le journal indépendant des Laurentides". journalacces.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- Le Château de l’Aéroport Mirabel va renaître, 7 février 2011
- "Mirabel: le Château reprendra vie | Marie Tison | Québec". affaires.lapresse.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- "Aérogare Mirabel". tva.canoe.ca. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- Exterior pictures of Chateau Aeroport-Mirabel in 2004
- Interior pictures of Chateau Aeroport-Mirabel in 2009