Chatham Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Chatham Township, Medina County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Medina County.
|• Total||26.4 sq mi (68.3 km2)|
|• Land||26.4 sq mi (68.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,125 ft (343 m)|
|• Density||81.9/sq mi (31.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||44256, 44275|
|GNIS feature ID||1086591|
Located in the west part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Litchfield Township - north
- York Township - northeast corner
- Lafayette Township - east
- Westfield Township - southeast corner
- Harrisville Township - south
- Homer Township - southwest corner
- Spencer Township - west
- Penfield Township, Lorain County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Chatham Township.
Name and history
It is the only Chatham Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.