Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya|
|Chancellor||Urmila Singh, Governor of Himachal Pradesh|
|Location||Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India|
Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya or CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University (CSK HPKV) is an agricultural university at Palampur in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It was established in November 1978 as an expansion of the existing College of Agriculture established in May 1966. Hill agriculture is the focus of this university. The university is accredited by NBA (India's National Board of Accreditation) and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
Capital works investments for the university's land and facilities were provided by state government grants, and grants from the ICAR. In the 2004-05 academic year, approximately 63% of CSK HPKV's annual operating expenditure was funded by HP state government grants, and a further 29% covered by ICAR grants. The remaining funding came from fees collected and other sources.
- degree college
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- College of Home Science
- College of Basic Sciences
Research and extension
In addition to the research activities in college departments, the university has five advanced research centres at the main campus in Palampur:
- Advance Centre for Hill Bio Resource & Biotechnology
- Organic Farming Research and Training Centre
- Centre for Commercial Mountain Agriculture and Enterprises Development
- Centre for Policy Research in Mountain Agriculture & Rural Development
- Centre for Human Resources Development in Mountain Agriculture
There are eight Krishi Vigyan Kendras (Agricultural Science Centres) at Bajaura, Dhaulakuan, Hamirpur, Kangra, Mandi, Una, Berthin and Kukumseri that conduct research and provide agricultural information to local farmers. In addition, there are five off-campus research and extension centres:
- Highland Agricultural Research & Extension Centre, Kukumseri
- Mountain Agricultural Research & Extension Centre, Sangla
- Hill Agricultural Research & Extension Centre, Bajaura
- Hill Agricultural Research & Extension Centre, Dhaulakuan
- Shivalik Agricultural Research & Extension Centre, Kangra
The university has released several varieties of cereals, pulses, vegetables, oilseeds, fodder and tea. It publishes several magazines and journals, both in English and Hindi. There is an Agricultural Technology Information Centre at the main entrance of the university.
- "About the University". CSK HPKV. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|