Chaupal, Himachal Pradesh
Bijat Maharaj Temple in Village Sarain, Chaupal.
|• INC||Balbir Singh Verma|
|Elevation||2,550 m (8,370 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Chaupal is located at  It has an average elevation of 2550;metres (8366 feet). 100 km away from capital Shimla by road..
It is very famous for the production of high quality apples which are exported from India to many countries. It is also famous for tourism. There are many apple growing Belts in Chaupal such as Tharoch, Poran, Pauria,Peontra Valley, Bamta, Rinjat, Khaddar, Matal, Chanju (Chopal), Kashah, Rushlah, satota(halau,shalan)Dewat,Kakhrona, Shilikyan, Shantha,Sunarli, Maraog (Richest Village Of Asia),Bigraoli, Jhina, Sarain nar koti kiarnoo and so on.
The town of Chaupal is surrounded by forest of Deodar trees . The snow clad peaks form the backdrop of the town enhances the beauty of Chaupal. The town is dotted with the wood and slate houses. The town is among the most important starting point for the tourist who like to trek to the Churdhar Peak.Before entering Chaupal you pass through a place 'Riuni' the best scenic beauty on the way.
Among the other attractive places of the town of Chaupal,there is an old temple that is Lankra Vir.The Temple is situated above the town of Chaupal. A temple of Shirgul Devta is also situated above the town at Ghadala. From here you can see the best view of Churdhar and the whole area.There is another famous temple in Sarain named the Bijjat Temple. Sarain is a place located near the town of Chaupal. For reaching Chaupal one has travel for a distance of 110 km from Shimla.
In winter, the temperature can hover around freezing point when heavy woolens are required. During summer, the climate is pleasant and cottons / light woolens are suggested. Churdhar receives heavy snowfall in winter season.
- Temp in Winnter:−10 °C (14 °F) to 18 °C (64 °F)
- Temp in Summer:20 °C (68 °F) to 32 °C (90 °F)
|Climate chart (explanation)|
Famous Temples of Tehsil Chaupal
- Durga Mata Mandir, Bamta
- lankar Veer Maharaj Mandir, Bamta
- Dakreyi Devta Mandir, Pujarli(Bamta)
- shimli maharaj temple,Gumma
- Naag Devta Mandir, Bhabar(Bamta)
- Mainshar Devta Temple Mashran
- jaga Mata Mandir Poran
- Shirgul Devta Mandir Chaupal
- Lankara Vir Devta Mandir Chaupal
- Naag Devta Mandir Maatal (Maraog)
- Shirgul Devta Mandir Churdhar
- Bijjat Devta Mandir Sarain
- Mahasu Devta Mandir Tharoch
- Pidi Mata Mandir Jhina
- Rehatna Devta Mandir Jabna (Jhina)
- Kadasan Mata Mandir Shapda (Nanhar)
- Doam Devta Mandir Bhot (Jhina)
- Diundreshwari Mata Mandir Diunder (Nanhar)
- Shirgul Devta Mandir Jodna
- Chitra Mata Nar Bamta
- Reothal Mata Mandir, Peontra
- Shirgul devta shalan
- Kali mata isshon
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Chaupal
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.