|Type of site||Booking service|
CheapOair is an American multinational Internet-based travel agency that sells travel related services, including air tickets, hotel bookings, car rental bookings and vacation packages. The company is owned by New York based parent company Fareportal Inc. and has always remained Fareportal's primary engine for revenue generation.
CheapOair launched on July 8 2005, that functioned as a full-fledged online travel agency. The company, originally stylized as CheapoAir.com, initially offered bookings only from its website and later diversified the booking platform through phone. Eventually, CheapOair started doing business through mobile apps as well.
CheapOair is headquartered in New York City, New York, United States. The company also has offices in Las Vegas, Nevada, US; Toronto, Canada; London, United Kingdom; and Gurgaon (near New Delhi), India. With the arrival of business process outsourcing industry in India, CheapOair outsourced the majority of its sales, ticketing and customer service operations to Gurgaon, a suburb of New Delhi. The company has also got contact centers operating form its New York, Las Vegas and Toronto offices.
The company employees around 2,000 employees, of which some 200 are engineers.
Products and services
The airline ticket bookings at CheapOair are done primarily using two major platforms: Sabre Red Workspace and Amadeus, thus enabling the company an access to all the airlines using these two GDS. The company offers tickets for over 450 airlines for domestic as well as international sectors. CheapOair claims to offer best price guarantee on some of its fares and also focuses on fares for military employees, seniors and students.
The Better Business Bureau logged numerous complaints of various natures, including accepting payments from clients, cancelling their flights and failing to reimburse the client. CheapOair currently holds an A+ rating with the BBB.
- "CheapOair". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "About Us". Fareportal. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Discounted Air Fares,.....". BizTravelDeals.com, powered by Fareportal. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "About us". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- SCHAAL, DENNIS. "Why CheapOair Is Sticking With Flights While Booking Peers Chase Hotels". Skift. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Cars". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Flights". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "About cruising". CheapCruises.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "BBB Business Review". BBB. Retrieved 6 February 2014.