Type of site
CheapOair is an American multinational Internet-based travel agency that sells travel related services, including air tickets, hotel bookings, car rental bookings and vacation packages. The company is owned by New York based parent company Fareportal Inc. and has always been Fareportal's primary engine for revenue generation.
CheapOair launched on July 8, 2005,. The company, originally stylized as CheapoAir.com, initially offered bookings from its website and later diversified the booking platform with a smartphone app.
CheapOair is headquartered in New York City. The company also has offices in Las Vegas, Toronto, London, and Gurgaon. With the arrival of the business process outsourcing industry in India, CheapOair outsourced the majority of its sales, ticketing and customer service operations to Gurgaon, a suburb of New Delhi. The company also has contact centers operating from its New York, Las Vegas and Toronto offices.
The company employs around 2,000 employees, of which some 200 are engineers.
Products and services
The airline ticket bookings at CheapOair are done primarily using two major platforms: Sabre Red Workspace and Amadeus, thus enabling the company an access to all the airlines using these two Global Distribution Systems. CheapOair claims to offer best price guarantee on some of its fares and also focuses on fares for military employees, seniors and students.
The Better Business Bureau has logged numerous complaints of various natures, primarily related to sales, billing, and dissatisfaction with the product itself. CheapOair currently is not accredited with the BBB and is unrated. There are 714 complaints on file, of which the BBB reports that 649 have been resolved to the customer's satisfaction, and 75 have not. The BBB has also filed complaints with CheapOair about the truth of some of their advertising claims, and reports that these complaints were subsequently addressed.
- "CheapOair". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "About Us". Fareportal. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Discounted Air Fares,.....". BizTravelDeals.com, powered by Fareportal. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "About us". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- SCHAAL, DENNIS. "Why CheapOair Is Sticking With Flights While Booking Peers Chase Hotels". Skift. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Cars". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Flights". Fareportal, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "About cruising". CheapCruises.com. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "BBB Business Review". BBB. Retrieved 5 September 2014.