From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up check, checked, checking, or checks in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Check may refer to:
- Check: a radial crack (as opposed to 'shake') along a medullary ray in wood that can appear during the wood drying process; an imperfection in glass that can appear during glass production
- Cheque ("Check" in U.S. English), an order for transfer of money
- Checkbox, a type of widget in computing
- Check (pattern) (or "Chequered"), a pattern of squares used on chess-boards, fabrics, etc
- Check (unit testing framework), a unit testing framework for C programs
- Check (mobile app), a mobile banking application.
- CHECK Scheme, a penetration testing certification run by CESG
- Checking (ice hockey), the act of physically keeping an opponent restrained
- Rain check, an idiom from baseball meaning a deferral
- CHECK, a command in SQL
- Tartan, a checked pattern in fabric and weaving
- Tick (check mark), a mark used for verification or notation
- Declining to bet during betting in poker
- Check (chess), a threat to capture the king or general
- Cross-check, in chess, a check played in reply to a check
- Poker chip, less commonly referred to as a check
- The Checks (band), a New Zealand band
- "Check", a song by Canadian rock band Max Webster from the album Universal Juveniles
- Check (song)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.