|• Body||Panchayati Raj|
|Elevation||83 m (272 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 08952|
|Sex ratio||1020 ♂/♀|
Cheepurupalli has an average elevation of 87 meters (285.4 feet). It has the area of 144 square kilometers. Cheepurupalli is one of the most developed town in vizianagaram district.
Cheepurupalli is the commercial centre for 4 mandals and their respective villages. It has the main railway station for 8 mandals in vizianagaram and srikakulam districts.
The average rainfall in Cheepurupalli is 1134 millimeters.
Cheepurupalle is one of the most developed towns of Vizianagaram District in education. It has separate government High schools for boys and girls. It has a Govt. Degree College,a newly sanctioned polytechnic college,a Govt. Intermediate College and many private colleges and schools are present around the town. One B.Ed College also available beside STATE BANK OF INDIA. Avanthi's Saint Theresa Institute of Technology is at a distance of 6 km from Cheepurupalle. It also offers MBA, MCA and polytechnic courses apart from Engineering Courses.
Cheepurupalli mandal has 58,968 population in 2001. Males consists of 29,191 and females 29,777 of the population. The density of population is 410 persons per km2. The sex ratio(females per 1000 males) is 1020. The total households are 12,622. The average literacy rate is 52.9%. Male literacy rate is 63% and that of females 41%.Cheepurupalle was initially a Panchayat, was changed to Municipality in 2003 and later rechanged to Major Panchayat due to some political affairs. In Chipurupalli town, Anjaneyapuram, G.Agraharam and Vangapillipeta considered as rural areas and remaining Cheepurupalli town area is urban area according to 2011 census.
Cheepurupalli is the center of the Assembly constituency. In this constituency there are 4 mandals named Chipurupalli, Garividi, Gurla, Merakamudidam. According to 2011 census, the total number of voters in Cheepurupalli constituency is about 1,70,000. In Cheepurupalli constituency the total revenue villages are 150 and panchayats are 106.
- Cheepurupalli is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. It consists of Cheepurupalli, Garividi, Merakamudidam, Gurla mandals.
- Cheepurupalli(PIN:535128) is the headquarters of post-office sub-division under the region Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh circle.
- Rural Electrification Cooperative Society head office is here. It provides the electricity to Cheepurupalli, Garividi, Gurla and Merakamudidham, serves over 997 villages including two towns.
- Cheepurupalli is the headquarters of agricultural sub-division comprising the mandals of Garividi, Cheepurupalli, Merakamudidam, Gurla and Nellimarla.
Meenakshi Multispecialty Dental Clinic is one of the best private health care institutions offering finiest dental services to the people of Cheepurupalli. offering free dental checkup services to elderly i.e. above 60 yrs and children up to 12yrs age, with quality service as main objective,offering best in quality all kinds of dental treatments to the public.
The Politics in the constituency is mainly dominated by the INC and the TDP, although the YSRCP and the Lok Satta parties have a presence. Kimmidi Mrunalini is the current MLA for Cheepurupalli Constituency. List of Members of Legislative Assembly:
- 1951 - Thaddi Chinna Atchanaidu and Pothula Gunnaiah.
- 1955 - M. Satyanarayana Raju
- 1962 - K. Sanyasappala Naidu
- 1967 - T. Rama Rao
- 1972 - R. Paidapu Naidu
- 1978 - Chigilipalli Shyamala Rao
- 1983 - Tripurana Venkata Ratnam
- 1985 - Kemburi Ramamohan Rao
- 1989 - Tankala Saraswathamma
- 1994 - Gadde Babu Rao
- 1999 - Gadde Babu Rao
- 2004 - Botcha Satyanarayana
- 2009 - Botcha Satyanarayana
- 2014 - Kamidi Mrunalini
Cheepurupalli is a Major Panchayat with 20 wards. Meesala.Sarojini was elected with 5000+ majority as Sarpanch of the Cheepurupalli Major Panchayat in the Cheepurupalli Constituency in Vizianagaram district on 27 July 2013.
There are 3 Nationalised Banks, 1 co-operative bank and 1 Grameen Bank in Chipurupalli town i.e. State Bank of India, Andhra Bank, Bank of India, DCCB, APGVB. There are 5 cinema theatres, two double theatres(AC) and one single theatre(non-AC).
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Mandals in Vizianagaram district". Retrieved 2007-02-26.
- Election Commission of India 1978-2004 results
- Election Commission of India.Madras Assembly results.1951