|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|23 Mandal of Medak District|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medak|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Dubbaka|
Chegunta (Telugu: చేగుంట, Hindi:चेगुन्त्ता) is one of the biggest 23 Mandal in Medak district of Andhra Pradesh. It is located on the NH7 about 62 km from the state capital of Pearl City Hyderabad (which is now considered as IT hub in INDIA)
Chegunta means six ponds in Telugu. It comes under backward area of Dubbak Assembly which is newly formed and falls under Medak Parliamentary. Recently announced as Municipality by the Government.
Chegunta is one of the 23 Mandal of Medak District of Andhra Pradesh State. Earlier, Medak district, which was the part of princely state of Hyderabad State. Administratively, Hyderabad State was made up of sixteen districts, grouped into four divisions. One among them was Gulshanabad included Hyderabad, Mehbubnagar, Medak, Nalagonda and Nizamabad Districts.
In 1956 during the Reorganisation of the Indian States based along linguistic lines, the state of Hyderabad was split up among Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Bombay state.
After formation, First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh was Sri Neelam Sanjeev Reddy; Sri P. Hanumanth Rao was first MP from Medak constituency and Sri Venkateswar Rao was first MLA from Medak constituency belongs to Congress Party.
Chegunta mandal comes under Ramayanpet Assembly constituency which was formed in 1962 and Smt Ratnama Reddi is first MLA, who belongs to congress party. In 2009, Chegunta mandal has merged into Dubbak constituency which is newly formed.
29 Villages under Chegunta Mandal Ananthasagar, Bheemraopalle, Bonal, Chandaipet, Chetla thimmaipalli, Chinnasivnoor, Gollapalle, Govindapur, Ibrahimpur, Karnalpally, Kasanpalle, Kistapur, Kondapur,Maldarajpally, Narsampalle, Narsingi, Peddasivanoor, Polampalle, Pothanpalle, Pulamamidi, Rampur, Reddipalle, Rukmapur, Ullithimmaipalle, Upperpalle, Vallabhapur, Valloor, Wadiaram and Makarajpet
Mandal have developed a distinctive culture which is a mixture of Hindu, Christian and Muslim traditions. Most of Muslims speak in Telugu and by nature the Telugus are considered to be emotional people; many people migrated from other districts and states as this place has become attractive destiny for Industries. Now chegunta is multicultural town with people from every region of India. Festivals are celebrated with much fervor and people used to go temples on these days to offer special prayers.
- Makkarajpet has the culture of Moharam festival which would be performed in very high attention from many years..People belonging to many villages and city like hyderabad persons will also visit to watch the Moharam (The local persons would call In Telugu Peerla Pandaga)
- Famous Telangana goddess Yellama temple also be seen in Karnalpally village ( Many from Hyderabad and near by villages mostly on Sunday, Tuesday & Friday will come and perform the pooja to the goddess. The idol of the mathaji will be huge and big..its very Pleasant to watch and have darshan...One must see this goddess temple and have blessings from her.
It is near the Chandampet village known for pearl works in Andhra Pradesh. Many industrial companies operated at Wadiaram and Reddypally.
- Vencobb (International standard company on Chicken, Poultry Vaccines, Breeds, Hatcheries, SPF Eggs, Clean Eggs)
- Sunline Steel Industries Pvt Ltd, Chinna shivanoor
- Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt. Ltd, Feed Unit
- GSN Ferro Alloys Pvt Ltd, steel plant
- Pioneer Tor Steel Mills (P) Ltd, wadiaram
- Patil Rail Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd
- Jeevaka Industries Pvt. Ltd (steel plant division)
- Mittal Forging Industries, Polampally (v)
- JR Seamless PVT Ltd (carbon & alloy steels)
- Sri Balaji Rice Mill (rice)
Major crops grown are paddy, maize, oil seeds, jowar and pulses. A large quantity of maize and sugar cane are available for industrial exploitation. Cultivation of aromatic plants is being encouraged. There is surplus fruit in the district such as Mango and Papain for industrial use. Animal husbandry, consisting of dairy activity, poultry, sheep, goat and pig rearing is an important activity of 10% of the population. This activity provides employment to about 3% of the population
Smt Kalvakunt Chandrashekar rao present MP, founder of political party Telangana rashtra samithi
Sri Solipeta Ramalinga reddy present MLA belongs to the Congress Party Telangana rastra samithi
Sri Farooq Hussain present MLC, Member of House Committee, belongs to congress party
Chaganla Narendranath known as Naren, He is a well known personality in Hyderabad and Medak and near by districts as a Business man / Big Land Lord / Padmashali Leader / on account of his various social welfare activities
Sri Shimushi bajpai IPS, Superintendent of Police
Sri K. Mahipal, Thasildar
NH-7(AH43) is a freeway that passes the eastern edge of Chegunta and connects with Kamareddy & Nizamabad cities.
The main temples are Sri Venkateshwara, Sri Hanuman and Sri Kanyaka Parmeshwari. Hanuman was re-constructed by the Teegala family. Others include Sri Venkateshwara Temple, Sri Sitharama(one of the ancient temple), Hanuman Temple in Wadiaram, Shivalayam, Kanyaka Parameshwari, Mahankali, Pochamma, Karnalpally yellamma, Saibaba madir (recently built) and Sri Panchamuki Hanuman.famous shivalayam temple located at ulli thimmaipally shivrati is the biggest festivel at this temple
Hanuman Mandir and Shivaalayam (under renovation), Mutyalamma Temple & Peddamma Temple (Under Construction) in Makarajpet (మకరాజపేట్).
- Makkarajpet Village has Oldest ZPHS school and Post office, Got Many Literates and high qualified persons are based from more SC & Other Community * NOBLE YOUTH ReddyPally | ZPHS - Chegunta Orkut Community| Deepthi Vidyalayam - Orkut Community| Gouthami Vidyalayam | ZPHS wadiaram | CW Posnett school | Govt. Jr. college Wadiaram | Govt. Hostel for girls Wadiaram | Sri Krishnaveni Talent School | Phani Jr. College | Brilliant Model school| Sree vani ITI under Bhavani Educational Society
Deepthi Vidaylayam is a local school whose previous students started a non-governmental organization called Sankalp (TOGETHER WE CAN - for better society).
- Lack of requisite facilities and the specialist pool of doctors to treat the diseases in Government Hospital.
- Lack of good storage facilities for preserving the agro products leading to huge wastage of crop
- Lcak of Govt. Inter & Degree Colleges
- Lack of Sports Complex and Training Area in different sports Categories
- Lack of Market Yard
- Lack of bus service and Road lighting (Increase bus services, between chegunta to gajwel service road and increase Road lightening for convenience and safety measures).
Physical resources like roads, telecommunication networks, schools and drains - is necessary for a society to function: people can't access healthcare if there are no hospitals; trade can't take place if there are no roads on which to transport goods to markets. Infrastructure facilitates the basic functions of a society that are necessary to transport resources and people, produce and trade goods, provide essential services and ultimately reduce poverty