|Traded as||KRX: 001300|
|Founded||September 15, 1954|
|Revised Romanization||Jeil Mojik|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2013)|
Cheil Industries is an affiliate of the Samsung Group.
Since its establishment in 1954, Cheil Industries has been a Korean textile firm. Since the 1980s, the company has expanded its business areas into fashion, chemicals and electronic chemical materials[ECM].
- 1954 Established Cheil Woolen Fabrics Industries
- 1961 Exported 3,000 pounds of Jangmi brand carded wool to Hong Kong first
- 1965 Obtained a Korean license for Wool Mark from I.W.S.
- 1972 Established Cheil Synthetic Fiber
- 1976 Changed the name to Cheil Industries
- 1992 Developed the world's first high-density 1,130,000 carpets
- 1994 Succeeded in developing and manufacturing EPS for foundry at the Hwasung R&D Center
- 2000 Changed the line of business registered with Korea Stock Exchange to chemicals
- 2003 Completed the construction of the Daegu Opera House
- 2007 Developed the 'Tempist Stylist' the world's first artificial marble with highly transparent chips
- 2014 an imminent merger with Samsung SDI Co., Ltd.
(changed to 'Samsung SDI Chemicals and Electronic Materials': http://cii.samsung.com/english)
Cheil Industries began its chemical business in 1989. The company entered into the polycarbonate [PC] business in 2007. A new PC plant was completed in March 2008 and is now operational. The company also produces flame-retardant ABS, sheet ABS, flame-retardant high-impact PS (HIPS), polycarbonate (PC), heat-resasting ABS for vehicles, and artificial marble.
Cheil Industries' electronic material business started with the company's development in 1996 of EMC. The ECM business unit of Cheil Industries acquired KOSDAQ-listed Ace Digitech in March 2007 and began a polarizing film business, a core component of liquid crystal display[LCD] panels.
- Semiconductor Materials : EMC, CMP Slurry
- Display Materials: Light Guide Plate, Diffusion Plate, CR, ACF
- Material for Secondary Batteries: Electrolytic Solution
- Functional Materials: EMS, Paste
Since 1954, when Cheil Industries began its textile business, it has produced textiles. Cheil Industries expanded its business areas into fashion by launching its first men's wear range in 1989. Since then, it has diversified into casual wear, ladies' wear and sports wear.
Cheil Industries was the first Korean fashion company to introduce the just-in-time[JIT] system as part of its restructuring efforts, considerably enhancing management efficiency through reduced lead time in the manufacturing process. It also made moves via consistent brand restructuring initiatives to enter into new business lines that it deems to have high growth potential. Through these initiatives, Cheil Industries was successful in building a profitable business structure, thereby establishing itself as a fashion company.
- Bean Pole International
- 10 Corso Como
- 8seconds - a Specialty retailer of Private label Apparel (SPA) brand launched at the beginning of 2012.
- Seo, Ji-eun (5 March 2012). "Fashion picks up speed with 8seconds: Cheil Industries’ new label is aiming to challenge global brands". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 29 March 2013.