|Products||Television, motion pictures|
Chellomedia, the European content division of AMC Networks, is a leading international media company and distributor of channels, content and video services. The division’s operating companies and business units currently own and operate in joint venture a total of 68 branded TV channels and run a suite of digital, on demand and broadband services in Europe. On aggregate, its channels and feeds reach 382 million homes. Chellomedia also provide a set of advanced digital services, such as ad sales and broadcast solutions, to a portfolio of leading international channel operators.
Chellomedia runs its businesses through six business units:
On July 31 2012, Chellomedia purchased MGM Networks, Inc. from MGM while MGM retaining its US, Canada, UK, Germany and joint ventures in Brazil and Australia. Chellomedia has licensed the MGM brand and content to continue on the purchased MGM channels.
On May 21, 2013, it was announced that Liberty Global had put Chellomedia up for sale. Liberty agreed on October 28th to sell Chellomedia for $1.035B except for its Benelux unit to AMC Networks.
Chellomedia TV channels
- AM Sports (America Sports)
- Bio (Spain) joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Canal 18
- Canal (á)
- Canal Cocina
- Canal Ella
- Canal de História joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Canal Hollywood joint venture with ZON Multimédia
- Canal Panda joint venture with ZON Multimédia
- CBS Action joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Drama joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Europa joint venture with CBS Studios International
- CBS Reality joint venture with CBS Studios International
- Crime & Investigation Network Europe joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Crimen & Investigación joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Cosmopolitan TV
- Europa Europa
- Extreme Sports Channel
- Film & Arts
- Film Café
- Film Mania
- Fine Living Network joint venture with Scripps Networks Interactive
- Food Network joint venture with Scripps Networks Interactive
- History Europe joint venture with A+E Networks UK
- Horror Channel joint venture with CBS Studios International
- JimJam joint venture with HIT Entertainment
- MGM Channel EMEA
- Canal MGM Spain
- MOV joint venture with ZON Multimédia
- Outdoor Channel joint venture with Outdoor Channel Holdings Inc.
- Panda Biggs joint venture with ZON Multimédia
- Reality TV
- ShortsTV joint venture with Shorts International
- Sol Música
- Sport 1
- Sport 2
- Sport M
- Spektrum Home
- TV Paprika
- Liberty Global Q1 2012 Fact Sheet
- "Chellomedia Published Data".
- The Deadline Team (August 1, 2012) UPDATE: MGM Networks Sale To Chellomedia To Fund BuyBack of Icahn Shares: LAT. Deadline.com.
- Fritz, Ben. (August 01, 2012) MGM sells overseas channels amid Icahn buyback, IPO preparation. LA Times.
- "Liberty Global puts Chellomedia business up for sale". The Denver Post. 2013-05-21. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Tartaglione, Nancy. (October 28, 2013) AMC Networks To Pay $1B For Liberty Global’s Chellomedia. Deadline.com. Accessed on October 28, 2013.