From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||432440|
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Chelsea, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- Grace Schneider. The Courier-Journal. (March 4, 2012). "Indiana couple died as they lived, side by side". Courier Journal. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
People who have lived in Chelsea, on Ind. 62 between New Washington and Hanover, know the crossroads at Jackson Road where the tornado hit as the Jackson ancestral heart.
- "Jefferson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 93. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...name apparently comes from the district in London, perhaps via Maine.
|This Jefferson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|