Chelsea High School (Alabama)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Chelsea High School (Chelsea, Alabama))
For other schools of a similar name, see Chelsea High School.
|Chelsea High School|
Where learning never ends
|10510 Hwy 11
P.O. Box 639
Chelsea, AL 35043
|School district||Shelby County School District|
|Color(s)||Royal blue & White|
|Athletics||Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Cross Country, Track and Field,Wrestling,and Tennis|
|Information||Tel (205) 682-7200
Fax (205) 682-7205
|Assistant principals||Cindy Coyle and Josh Britnell|
|Website||Chelsea High School|
- Chelsea High School fields a football program, most recently with two back-to-back Region 5 Championships in 4A and 5A during the 2005 and 2006 campaigns.
- The Fighting Hornets Baseball team has also been successful in recent years, clinching back-to-back area titles in 2007 and 2008.
- The Lady Hornets dominated most sports in 2008, winning their areas in Basketball, Softball, and Soccer.
- The soccer teams at Chelsea High School are usually two of the best athletics teams in the school. They both won their areas in 2011 and 2012. Both teams made great runs in the State Tournament with the girl's team finishing runners-up in 2011.
- The Lady Hornets Soccer team won the 5A State Tournament in 2012 and the boys made it into play-offs.
- The Lady Hornets Softball team won the 5A State Tournament in 2012.
- The band Fracture, consisting of students at Chelsea High School, appeared on ABC 33/40 during the Original Artist competition.
- The Lady Hornets Soccer team made it on Shelby County Reporter, ABC 33/40, and the front page of the Birmingham Newspaper for winning the state tournament in 2012.
- "Chelsea High School". shelbyed.k12.al.us. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Chelsea High School". k12.niche.com. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "GreatSchools Rating Chelsea High School". greatschools.org. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Chelsea High School". trulia.com. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Chelsea High School". publicschoolreview.com. Retrieved 7 March 2014.