Chemical Science (journal)
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||David MacMillan|
Royal Society of Chemistry (United Kingdom)
Chemical Science is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering all aspects of chemistry. It was established in July 2010 and is published monthly by the Royal Society of Chemistry. Authors can elect to have accepted articles published as open access. Chemical Science won the Best New Journal 2011 award from the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers. The editor-in-chief is David MacMillan (Princeton University).
Chemical Science publishes all original (primary) research in one format called "Edge Articles", which have no page limits, but should be written in a succinct way. Authors can make use of electronic supplementary information to store bulky experimental details and data. The journal also publishes mini-reviews and perspectives, normally on invitation.
International Symposia on Advancing the Chemical Sciences
The launch of Chemical Science is supported by the International Symposia on Advancing the Chemical Sciences, a global symposium series.
Abstracting and indexing
According to the Thomson Reuters Master Journal List and CASSI, this journal is indexed by the following services:
- Science Citation Index Expanded
- Current Contents/ Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- "RSC Open Science". Rsc.org. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "ALPSP Home Page". Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "International Symposia for Advancing the Chemical Sciences". Rsc.org. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- "Chemical Science". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.