Cheraw Municipal Airport
|Cheraw Municipal Airport
Lynch Bellinger Field
|IATA: HCW – ICAO: KCQW – FAA LID: CQW|
|Owner||Town of Cheraw|
|Serves||Cheraw, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||239 ft / 73 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Cheraw Municipal Airport (IATA: HCW, ICAO: KCQW, FAA LID: CQW), also known as Lynch Bellinger Field, is a public use airport in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, United States. It is owned by the Town of Cheraw and located three nautical miles (6 km) northwest of its central business district.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 235 acres (95 ha) at an elevation of 239 feet (73 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 8/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending May 1, 2008, the airport had 17,900 aircraft operations, an average of 49 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 16 single-engine, 1 jet and 1 helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CQW ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Great Circle Mapper: HCW / KCQW - Cheraw Municipal Airport - Cheraw, South Carolina
- Aerial photo as of 14 February 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CQW, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: