|Cheri R. Gerou|
|Member of the Colorado House of Representatives
from the 25th district
|Preceded by||Rob Witwer|
|Alma mater||University of Colorado|
|Religion||United Church of Christ (Rockland Community Church)|
Cheri Gerou is a Colorado architect and politician, currently serving in the General Assembly of the U.S. state of Colorado. Elected to the Colorado House of Representatives as a Republican in 2008, Gerou represents House District 25, which encompasses western Jefferson County, Colorado.
Born and raised in Wyoming, Gerou moved to Colorado in 1975. She earned a bachelor's degree in fine arts from the University of Colorado and settled in Evergreen, Colorado in the late 1980s. Gerou and her husband, Phillip H. Gerou, FAIA, have two children, Greg and Sara, and are the co-founders of Gerou & Associates, an Evergreen architectural firm specializing in residential, small commercial, and historic preservation work.
An active member of the American Institute of Architects, Gerou has served as co-chair of the 1998 Denver Design Awards, president of the Denver AIA chapter in 2002, and president of the Colorado AIA chapter in 2006, and chair of the Constructors and Designers Alliance in 2008. She was named to the State Licensing Board of Architects, Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors by Gov. Bill Owens in 2006, and has served as the board's secretary as vice chair of the Survey Quorum of Professional Land Surveyors. She is also a member of the National Council of Architectural Registration Board, the American Society of Interior Designers, The National Trust for Historic Preservation, and the Colorado Historical Society.
In the local community, she has served as chair of the Board of Deacons for Rockland Community Church, as a board member of the C. Henry Kempe Center, and as a chair of the Community Caring Project.
 Legislative career
 2008 election
Gerou faced no opposition in the Republican primary in August, but faced Democrat Andrew Scripter and Libertarian Jack Woehr in the November 2008 general election. Gerou's candidacy was endorsed by the Golden Transcript  and the Denver Post.  Gerou won the traditionally Republican seat previously held by Rep. Rob Witwer, who had opted not to run for another term, taking 53 percent of the votes cast, winning by ten percentage points.
 2009 legislative session
 2012 election
- "State House District 25". COMaps. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- "Gerou & Associates, Biography". Gerou & Associates, Ltd. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Gerou & Associates, Ltd.". Gerou & Associates, Ltd. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Meet Cheri Gerou". www.CheriGerou.com. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Colorado Statewide Cumulative Report - 2008 Primary Election". Colorado Secretary of State. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- Norris, Wendy; Bob Spencer (3 November 2008). "State candidate endorsement watch". Colorado Independent. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- Editorial Board (17 October 2008). "Post's picks in Colorado's House of Representatives". Denver Post. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Staff Reports (5 November 2008). "Results of key state house races". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- "Colorado Statewide Cumulative Report - 2008 General Election". Colorado Secretary of State. Retrieved 2008-12-04.
- "House Republican Committee Assignments Announced" (Press release). Colorado House Republicans. 18 November 2008.
- "CO - Election Results - Colorado Secretary of State".
- "State House 2012 Election Results - Denver Post".