|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|• Total||220.35 km2 (85.08 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Palakkad|
|Climate||Tropical monsoon (Köppen)|
Cherpulassery is a village and gram panchayat in Palakkad district, Kerala, south India. Geographically, it is a junction of roads converging from four towns -- Ottapalam, Pattambi, Mannarkkad, and Perinthalmanna. This town can be ideal location for the capital of proposed Valluvanad district. A couple of kilometres north of the place, at Kacherikunnu, the semi-hilly road also branches off eastwards to the district headquarters town of Palakkad. Cherpulassery has a well known government school, the foundation for which was laid by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Veeramangalam - 4 km towards east
- Pattambi - 17 km towards west
- Ottapalam - 17 km towards south
- Perintalmanna - 17 km towards north west
- Karalmanna - 3 km towards north east
- Palakkad - 45 km towards east
- Vellinezhi - 6 km South East
- Shoranur - 18 km towards south west
- Mannarkkad - 28 km towards east
- Kulappulli - 15 km towards south
- Chalavara - 7 km
- K.E.M.C.S (Kuttikode English Medium Central School), Kuttikode
- C.E.M.C.S (Cherpalcheri English Medium Central School)
The Cherpalcheri English Medium Central School was founded by Dr.P.S.Krishnadas, in the year 1978. To ensure the effective management of the institution the “Cherpalcheri Education Trust” was formed and registered in the year 1984. After the Trust had taken up the administration, it procured approval of Middle class syllabus from the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, in 1988. Later the school obtained affiliation for secondary classes in 1991 and for Senior Secondary classes in 1993. Their first batch of students appeared for the class X examinations, conducted by the CBSE, in 1993 and for class XII, in 1995.
- Government Vocational Higher Secondary School
- Government Upper Primary School
- Government LP School, Kacherikunnu
- South ALP School, Ems road, Cherpalchery
- A.M.L.P School kulappa, mavundirikkadavu
- National L P School, Kulappada
- Alpha English Medium School,karumanamkurussi
- Ezhussan collage ALPS, mid town Cherpalchery
- Salafi School, Kacherikunnu
- Cherpulassery College of Science & Technolog
- Ideal Campus of Education
- Malabar Polytechnic College
- Kerala Medical College
- MES College,Cherpulassery
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory". Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Cherpulassery College of Science and Technology". Ccst.in. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "::::::::::Ideal Campus of Educations, TTI, ITC, Arts & Science College, B.Ed College, IGNOU, IT Misson Cherpulassery, Palakkad::::::::::::::". Idealcampuscply.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Malabar Polytechnic Campus". Malabarpoly.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Kerala Medical college & Hospital". Keralamedicalcollege.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "MES College Cherpulassery". Mescherpulassery.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.