Cherry Hills Village, Colorado
|City of Cherry Hills Village, Colorado|
|Home Rule Municipality|
Location in Arapahoe County and the state of Colorado
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|State||State of Colorado|
|Incorporated||July 19, 1945|
|• Type||Home Rule Municipality|
|• Total||6.3 sq mi (16.3 km2)|
|• Land||6.2 sq mi (16.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||5,426 ft (1,654 m)|
|• Density||950/sq mi (370/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP Codes||80110-80111 & 80113 & 80121|
|Area code(s)||Both 303 and 720|
|INCITS place code||0813845|
|GNIS feature ID||0203036|
The City of Cherry Hills Village is a Home Rule Municipality located in Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States. The city population was 5987 at the 2010 United States Census. Cherry Hills Village is a part of the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is one of the most affluent places in Colorado and the United States.
According to common stories amongst members, the classic Arnold Palmer iced tea drink is reported to have been started at the Cherry Hills Country Club. Allegedly, Palmer grew angry at the bartender because the bartender refused to mix lemonade in his iced tea.
Cherry Hills Village is located at (39.637437, -104.947452).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 16.3 square kilometres (6.3 sq mi), of which 6.2 square miles (16.1 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 1.14%, is water.
- St. Mary's Academy, an all-girls' high school, which counts former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice among its alumni.
- Kent Denver School, which counts former Secretary of State Madeline Albright among its alumni.
- Cherry Hills Village Elementary School, One of the many elementary schools that is a part of the Cherry Creek School District.
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,958 people, 1,980 households, and 1,766 families residing in the city. The population density was 958.6 people per square mile (369.8/km²). There were 2,023 housing units at an average density of 325.5 per square mile (125.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 96.06% White, 0.64% African American, 0.15% Native American, 1.51% Asian, 0.57% from other races, and 1.07% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.88% of the population.
There were 1,980 households out of which 45.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 84.0% were married couples living together, 3.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 10.8% were non-families. 9.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.01 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the city the population was spread out with 31.4% under the age of 18, 3.9% from 18 to 24, 17.1% from 25 to 44, 35.0% from 45 to 64, and 12.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 100.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.8 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $190,805, and the median income for a family was $200,001. Males had a median income of $100,000+ versus $49,891 for females. The per-capita income for the city was $99,996. About 1.7% of families and 2.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.5% of those under age 18 and 1.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Median resident age: 43.8 years
- Median household income: $232,492 (year 2000) Cherry Hills
- Median house value: $1,193,000 (year 2005) Cherry Hills (80113)
Educational Background for population 25 years and over in Cherry Hills Village:
- High school or higher: 97.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 75.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 37.5%
Marital Status for population 15 years and over in Cherry Hills Village:
- Never married: 19.2%
- Now married: 74.9%
- Separated: 0.1%
- Widowed: 2.7%
- Divorced: 3.1%
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "2014 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Places". United States Census Bureau. July 1, 2014. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cherry Hills Village city, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- Kiersz, Andy (2014-09-09). "Here's The Most Affluent Town In Every State". Business Insider. Retrieved 2014-09-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cherry Hills Village, Colorado.|