Cherwell Valley services
|Cherwell Valley Services|
The former main building
Cherwell Valley services is a motorway service station on the M40 motorway at Stoke Lyne, near Bicester, in Oxfordshire, England. In August 2011 it was rated as 3 stars by quality assessors at Visit England; however, it is unknown whether this was a rating of the new or temporary building.
The services are located at junction 10 of the M40, and are accessed from a roundabout on the junction.
Despite its name, it is neither in the valley nor the drainage basin of the Cherwell, but rather beside a small east-flowing stream that becomes part of the Padbury Brook before joining the Great Ouse at Buckingham.
It was opened in 1994 and gave the 89-mile motorway its first service station, four years after its completion. The site was previously occupied by a toilet facility, which had been there since the motorway's opening.
Three more service stations have since been added on the M40:
A Travelodge has existed at the service station since its opening.
On 15 April 2010, the main building was destroyed by fire. The main site was to be rebuilt to a similar style to Wetherby services on the A1(M). Construction on the new building started on 27 June 2010 and was completed for reopening on 30 June 2011.
- "Consultancy Services". Visit England. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- "Cherwell Valley". Motorway Services Online. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- Ordnance Survey mapping. Ordnance Survey. 2015.
- "Granada Services Cherwell Valley". Mace Group Ltd. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Fire destroys M40 Cherwell Valley services". BBC News Channel. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Shepherd, Tom (15 April 2010). "Fire destroys Cherwell Valley Services". Oxford Mail. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "unknown". Cherwell District Council.[dead link]
- "Cherwell Valley Services on M40 reopens after fire". BBC News Oxford. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2011.
- Moto official site — Cherwell Valley
- Motorway Services Online — Cherwell Valley
- Motorway Services Info — Cherwell Valley
|Motorway service stations on the