|Also called||Chery A168
|Assembly||Wuhu, Anhui, China
Zaporizhia, Ukraine (ZAZ)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor, from 2006 to 2009)
Taganrog, Russia (TagAZ)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door liftback|
|Related||SEAT Toledo Mk. I|
|Engine||1.6 L I4 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,468 mm (97.2 in)|
|Length||4,393 mm (173.0 in)|
|Width||1,682 mm (66.2 in)|
|Height||1,424 mm (56.1 in)|
|Curb weight||1,140 kg (2,513 lb)|
The Chery A15 (simplified Chinese: 旗云; pinyin: Qiyun), also known as Cowin, Flagcloud or Amulet, is a subcompact car produced by the Chinese manufacturer Chery since 2003. A facelifted version is available since late 2011.
It is based on a restyling of the Chery A11 (also known as the Fengyun, or Windcloud), itself based on the first generation of the SEAT Toledo, which was built on the Volkswagen Group A2 platform. This is the same platform as is used in the second generation Volkswagen Golf. The vehicle also has a fuel-efficient, low-emission engine. It has been marketed in European countries such as Ukraine and Russia and in South America.
It was launched in August 2003, as a successor to the Fengyun (Windcloud), and has been exported to more than 30 countries in Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. In 2010, locally assembled, the car went on sale in Russian market as Vortex Corda.
It has several safety features, including anti-lock brakes and electronic brakeforce distribution. However, the Russian car magazine AutoReview reported that an A15 it had crashed in accordance with the EuroNCAP test standard performed even worse than the 1-starred Brilliance BS6 sedan and that the dummy used had to be dismantled into pieces in order to be removed. Consequently, AutoReview has called for the car to be withdrawn from the market.
- "Guide to assembly plants in Europe" (PDF). Automotive News Europe. 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Группа компаний Автотор :: История (in Russian). Avtotor. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Official website". Chery International. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Chery Cowin 2 Facelift". Revistadelmotor.es. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Corwin new Chery, based on the Seat Toledo". Espacio Coches. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Vortex Corda Now on Sale in Russia". Wroom.ru. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "The World's Cheapest Cars". Business Week. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Краш-тест Chery Amulet по методике EuroNCAP" (in Russian). AutoReview. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- "Chery Amulet crash test". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-01-12.