Chery Jaguar Land Rover
|Private, joint venture|
|Headquarters||Changshu, Jiangsu, China|
|Chris Bryant (President)|
|Owner||Chery Automobile (50%)
Jaguar Land Rover (50%)
A 50:50 joint venture between UK-headquartered Jaguar Land Rover, itself a subsidiary of Tata Motors of India; and Chinese automaker Chery, it was formed to allow production of Jaguar Cars and Land Rover vehicles in mainland China. Chery Jaguar Land Rover's first assembly plant is in Changshu, with production scheduled to commence in October 2014.
Chery and Jaguar Land Rover were first reported to be in discussions about the possible creation of a Chinese joint venture manufacturing company in August 2010.
In March 2012, Chery and Jaguar Land Rover announced plans to invest an initial US$2.78 billion in a new Mainland China-based joint venture to manufacture Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles and engines, as well as the establishment of a research and development centre and the creation of a new automobile marque.
The establishment of the joint venture received the formal approval of the National Development and Reform Commission in November 2012. Construction of Chery Jaguar Land Rover's first assembly plant began in Changshu in the same month, with a planned completion date of July 2014.
- "Tata rumored to partner with Chery to make Jaguar, Land Rover cars". Gasgoo. 17 August 2010. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Jaguar Land Rover seals JV with China's Chery". Reuters. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Jaguar Land Rover agrees joint venture with Chery in China". BBC News. 21 March 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Jaguar Land Rover: China approves joint venture". BBC News. 18 November 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Jaguar Land Rover seals Chinese joint venture". The Telegraph. 18 November 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Jaguar, Chery start construction of new car factory in China". Reuters. 18 November 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Construction on Chery-Jaguar Land Rover JV starts in east China". China Daily. 19 November 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Chery Jaguar Land Rover Automotive to Open Plant Late October". Chery Jaguar Land Rover. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2014.