Cheryl A. Zimmer
Cheryl A. Zimmer is a North American evolutionary biologist whose research interests are focused marine population ecology, specifically the role of hydrodynamics as a driving force in the evolution of marine life. She is a professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles. There she runs the Zimmer Lab, in collaboration with her husband and colleague Richard Zimmer.
- Zimmer, C.A., V.R. Starczak, and R.K. Zimmer, "Flocs, flows, and mechanisms decoupling larval supply and settlement", Limnology and Oceanography (in press), - (2012).
- Himes, J.E., J.A. Riffell, C.A. Zimmer and R.K. Zimmer, "Sperm chemotaxis as revealed with live and synthetic eggs", Biological Bulletin, 220 : 1-5 (2011).
- Zimmer, R.K. and C.A. Zimmer, "Dynamic scaling in chemical ecology", Journal of Chemical Ecology, 38 : 822-836 (2008).
- Simmons, S.A., R.K. Zimmer and C.A. Zimmer, "Life in the lee: Local distributions and orientations of honeycomb worms along the California coast", Journal of Marine Research, 63 : 623-643 (2005).
- Garland, E.D., C.A. Zimmer and S.J. Lentz, "Larval distributions in inner-shelf waters: The roles of wind-driven cross-shelf currents and diel vertical migrations", Limnology and Oceanography, 47 : 803-817 (2002).
- Garland, E.D., and C.A. Zimmer, "Hourly variations in planktonic larval concentrations on the inner shelf: Emerging patterns and processes", Journal of Marine Research, 60 : 311-325 (2002).
- Garland, E.D., and C.A. Zimmer, "Techniques for the identification of bivalve larvae", Marine Ecology Progress Series, 225 : 299-310 (2002).
- Sisson, J.D., J. Shimeta, C.A. Zimmer, and P. Traykovski, "Mapping epibenthic assemblages and their relations to sedimentary features in shallow-water, high-energy environments", Continental Shelf Research, 22 : 565-583 (2002).
- Shimeta, J., V.R. Starczak, O.M. Ashiru, and C.A. Zimmer, "Influences of benthic boundary-layer flow on feeding rates of ciliates and flagellates at the sediment-water interface", Limnology and Oceanography, 46 : 1709-1719 (2001).
- Snelgrove, P.V.R., J.P. Grassle and C.A. Zimmer, "Adult effects on Capitella sp. I larval settlement: A laboratory flume study", Journal of Marine Research, 59 : 657-674 (2001).
- "Cheryl Ann Zimmer". Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Faculty Pages.