||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Fergison in 2011.
|Born||Cheryl Campbell
27 August 1964
|Notable work(s)||See below|
|Spouse(s)||Jamshed Saddiqi (divorced)
Yassine Al-Jermoni (m. 2011)
After training at Rose Bruford College, Fergison started playing the role of Heather Trott in June 2007. The idea of Heather was conceived by the EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer. Prior to starring as Heather, Fergison made a brief appearance on the show as a friend of Mo Harris (Laila Morse) in 2005.
Fergison is also known for playing Joanna Harding, the "Big Fat Lezza" in the Linda Flint sketches of Little Britain, opposite David Walliams. She also played Judy in The IT Crowd. Other British television series in which she has appeared include 'Allo 'Allo!, Little Miss Jocelyn, Bad Girls and Casualty, as well as playing Mrs. Lloyd in two episodes of Doctor Who, "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances". Fergison also starred in a Keane promotional video for Atlantic, which is on the Under The Iron Sea DVD.
In November 2007, Fergison participated in the Children in Need charity appeal alongside her EastEnders co-stars which was broadcast on BBC One. On 26 June 2008, she appeared on an EastEnders special of the quiz show The Weakest Link and emerged victorious. She won £22,700 for Great Ormond Street charity.
Since appearing on EastEnders, she has made a variety of television appearances on shows such as GMTV, The Paul O'Grady Show, This Morning and Loose Women. She won 'Best Comedy Performance' Award in the 2008 Inside Soap Awards. She was also nominated in the same category and for the Best Onscreen Partnership Award (alongside Linda Henry) at the 2008 British Soap Awards. She starred in Lets Dance For Sport Relief, and danced to Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. She also appeared in the fourth episode of series 7 of Shooting Stars on BBC Two, broadcast in August 2010.
On 17 September 2011, it was revealed that Fergison had been axed from EastEnders and would leave at the end of her current contract, departing the show on 21 March 2012. Her character was killed off after being hit with a photoframe by Ben Mitchell (Joshua Pascoe). Fergison later commented that she left because she now wanted to "try other things", and she also said that she still keeps in regular contact with Linda Henry and Ricky Grover, who play her best friend Shirley Carter and her fiancé Andrew Cotton in the show.
Fergison divorced her husband, Jamshed Saddiqi, in 2008. She currently lives in Sidcup with her son. She said giving birth on EastEnders was more difficult than giving birth in real life, due to the many takes needed to complete the scene on EastEnders compared to having a caesarean whilst having her real son. In May 2011 she married Yassine Al-Jermoni. In 2009, Fergison revealed that she is diabetic.
|1992||Convington Cross||TV||Maid 1||2 Episodes, "Outlaws" and "The Persecution"|
|1992||'Allo 'Allo!||TV||Desiree||1 Episode, "Missing and Presumed Dead"|
|1993||Screen Two||TV||Frau Langer, Schatz's Housekeeper||1 Episode, "Genghis Cohn"|
|1996||Interview Day||TV||Miss Bodley||TV Movie|
|1997||A Royal Scandal||TV||Cleaning Maid||TV Movie|
|2005||Doctor Who||TV||Mrs. Lloyd||2 Episodes, "The Doctor Dances" and "The Empty Child"|
|2004–2005||Little Britain||TV||Joanna Harding||2 Episodes|
|2006||Little Miss Jocelyn||TV||1 Episode|
|2006||Bad Girls||TV||Latoya||1 Episode|
|2006||Casualty||TV||Lucille Prior||1 Episode, "Get What You Deserve"|
|2007–2012||EastEnders||TV||Heather Trott||Series Regular, 385 Episodes|
|2007||The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle||TV||1 Episode|
|2009||Mr. Right||TV||Red Team Woman||RV Movie|
|2010||EastEnders: E20||TV||Heather Trott||4 Episodes|
|2012||Celebrity Big Brother 10||TV||Herself||Contestant, 12 Place|
|2013||The Spa||TV||Ms Wylde||5 Episodes|
- "Twitter / cherylfergison1: @luv4JCx warily wrong ok my". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- McCormack, Kirsty (10 November 2011). "Cheryl Fergison wedding: EastEnders star marries toyboy Yassine Al-Jermini again!". Mail Online. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Cheryl Fergison". What's On TV. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Measure for Measure, Nunn/Bjornson, Royal Shakespeare Company, September 1991". Ahds.rhul.ac.uk. 1991-09-18. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- [dead link]
- "Tommy Bowe and Cheryl Fergison for Saturday Night Show". RTÉ Ten (RTÉ). 23 March 2012.
- Sheridan, Emily (24 August 2012). "Celebrity Big Brother: Cheryl Fergison is second housemate to be evicted". Mail Online. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- [dead link]
- Todd, Ben (11 July 2010). "EastEnders actress falls for Moroccan toyboy nearly 20 years younger than her". Daily Mail. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Payne, Will (22 May 2011). "EastEnders star Cheryl Fergison marries her Moroccan toyboy - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 20 December 2011.