|Cheryl D. Glenn|
|Cheryl Diane Glenn|
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
from the 45th district
January 10, 2007
|Preceded by||Clarence "Tiger" Davis|
May 27, 1951 |
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Benjamin Glenn, Sr.|
|Children||D. Nikila, Cheron|
Glenn was born in Baltimore, Maryland and attended the public primary and secondary schools there. She graduated from Western High School in 1969, the Community College of Baltimore County (paralegal studies)and the George Meany Institute (labor relations). She became the Political Director of and lobbyist for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters, (2004- ) after serving as President of the City Union of Baltimore, 1988-96. She is married with five children and eight grandchildren, and she is also raising her grandughter, Taylor Bishop.
After a long career in the labor movement, Glenn was elected to the Maryland General Assembly. Glenn was among three people elected to represent the 45th district located in east Baltimore. Although it was her first run for a state office, she finished ahead of both the incumbents in that district in the general election.
Glenn has been a member of House of Delegates since January 10, 2007. She initially served on the Environmental Matters Committee and several of its subcommittees and work groups: ground rent work group (2007); housing & real property subcommittee, 2007-2104; local government & bi-county subcommittee, 2007-2014; motor vehicle & transportation subcommittee, 2007-2104. At the beginning of the 2014 session of the Maryland General Assembly Glenn was reassigned to the Economic Matters Committee. She is also a member of the Fiscal Subcommittee of the Baltimore City Delegation, the Women Legislators of Maryland and the Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland.
- Co-sponsored HB 860 (Baltimore City Public Schools Construction and Revitalization Act of 2013). Signed by the Governor on May 16, 2013, the new law approved 1.1 billion dollars to construct new schools in Baltimore City.
- voted for the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2007 (HB359)
- voted in favor of the Tax Reform Act of 2007 (HB2)
- voted in favor of in-state tuition for illegal immigrants in 2007 (HB6)
- voted in favor of slots (HB4) in the 2007 Special session
- Primary Sponsor Employee Misclassification Act of 2008 (HB 70)
- co-sponsored the Work Place Fraud Act of 2009 (HB819)
General election results, 2006
- 2006 Race for Maryland House of Delegates – 45th District
- Voters to choose three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Cheryl Glenn, Democratic 16,911 32.6% Won Hattie N. Harrison, Democratic 16,804 31.0% Won Talmadge Branch, Democratic 16,014 30.9% Won Ronald M. Owens-Bey, Populist 2,727 5.3% Lost Other write-ins 111 .2% Lost
- "Cheryl D. Glenn, Maryland State Delegate". Maryland State Archives. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "Maryland General Assembly elections, 2006". Wikipedia. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for House of Delegates". Maryland Board of Elections. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "House Bill 860". Maryland Legislative Services. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "HouseBill 4 3rd Reading Vote Tally". Maryland Department of Legislative Information Services. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "House Bill 819". Maryland Department of Legislative Services, Office of Information Systems. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "House of Delegates Results". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved on Mar. 3, 2007