||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009)|
|Cheryl Rae Tiegs|
|Born||Cheryl Rae Tiegs
September 25, 1947
|Spouse||Stan Dragoti (1970–1979)
Peter Hill Beard (1981–1983)
Anthony Peck (1990–1995)
Rod Stryker (1998–2001)
Cheryl Rae Tiegs (born September 25, 1947) is an American model and actress.
|Tiegs' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from January 12, 1970|
|Tiegs' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from January 27, 1975|
|Tiegs' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 14, 1983|
Cheryl Tiegs is a model, designer, author, businesswoman, public speaker and avid spokesperson for health and fitness, the environment, and underprivileged children. She is considered America's first supermodel.
Tiegs began modeling at 17, with covers of Glamour, Seventeen, and Elle. She is the first model to appear three times in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue issues, and also made the cover of People (magazine) four times, and did three covers of Time (magazine), most notably for the "All-American Model" cover story. Her 1978 poster in a pink bikini became an iconic 1970s pop culture image.
She was the first supermodel to venture into the retail world by starting a signature line of clothing and accessories for Sears. The Cheryl Tiegs line sold nearly $1 Billion USD of merchandise in its 10-year span.
In 2004, Tiegs entered the "Hall of Fame" in the 40th anniversary of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue.
Tiegs is a sought after speaker on the subjects of health, fitness and the environment. In 2007, she went on an expedition in the Arctic to explore the effects of climate change.
- "Sack the stylist! Swimsuit model Cheryl Tiegs shows off a little more than intended at fashion event". Mail Online (London). November 4, 2010. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "True Beauty: Cast & Details". TV Guide.
- Bell, Crystal (February 20, 2012). "'Celebrity Apprentice': Cheryl Tiegs Defends Her Performance On 'Wendy Williams' (VIDEO)". Huffington Post.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Cheryl Tiegs|
- Askmen.com profile
- Cheryl Tiegs at the Fashion Model Directory
- Cheryl Tiegs at the Internet Movie Database