|Diseases of the Chest|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Richard S. Irwin|
American College of Chest Physicians (United States)
Chest is a peer-reviewed medical journal covering chest diseases and related issues, including pulmonology, cardiology, thoracic surgery, transplantation, breathing, airway diseases, and emergency medicine. The journal was established in 1935. It is the official journal of the American College of Chest Physicians which publishes the journal. The editor-in-chief is Richard S. Irwin (University of Massachusetts Medical School).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- BIOSIS Previews
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Science Citation Index
- Chemical Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Academic OneFile
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Academic Search
- Global Health
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 7.132, ranking it 2nd out of 27 journals in the category "Critical Care Medicine" and 3rd out of 54 journals in the category "Respiratory Systems.
- "Chest". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Chest", Ulrichsweb (ProQuest), retrieved 2014-12-15, (subscription required ())
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Critical Care Medicine". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.