From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chevalier in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chevalier is a class of membership in a French or Belgian Order of Chivalry or order of merit.
- a member of certain male orders of knighthood or merit; an archaic word for knight; a chivalrous man; a gallant or courtly gentleman; the term is derived from Old French, from Medieval Latin caballārius, meaning: horseman, mounted soldier or knight. See "cavalier"
- a member of the French Ordre National du Mérite
- a rank in the French Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- a rank in the French Legion d'honneur
- a member of the French Order of Palmes académiques
- the highest honor given to an active member of the Order of DeMolay
- a rank in the Belgian Order of Leopold
- a rank in the Belgian Order of the Crown
- a rank in the Belgian Order of Leopold II
- the honorific used to address a person holding the rank of chevalier
- The "Degree of Chevalier" is the highest honor an active member of DeMolay International can receive
- a chivalric decoration given by a Patriarch of the Orthodox Church or of one of the Eastern Catholic Churches to laymen for their outstanding contributions to the church & society
- a chivalric decoration by given by His Holiness Pope of Rome of the Catholic Church to laymen
- a Dining/Drinking society at University College, Oxford
- Chevalier College, an MSC school in Bowral, Australia
- male non-professional member of the Chaine des Rotisseurs
- Chevalier-Montrachet, grand cru vineyard in the Côte de Beaune
- a signet ring traditionally worn by the French nobility
- a term for a number of different characters in the anime and manga series Blood+
- the English word for the holder of a non-British knighthood
- Chevalier: Le Chevalier D'Eon, is an anime and manga
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.