|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (January 2013)|
|Initial release||October 2008|
|Stable release||2.5.9 / September 7, 2013|
|Platform||PHP / MySQL|
|Available in||English, Spanish, German, French, Russian among a total of 38 languages officially supported|
- 1 Features
- 2 History
- 3 Development and Support
- 4 Vulnerabilities
- 5 Reviews
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Local and remote image upload
The system is able to upload images from any computer using a web browser with Adobe Flash support using Uploadify has the upload component. The remote upload is handled by a proprietary upload component.
Chevereto includes a File Manager which allow users to manage the uploaded images. Use may change the size and name of the uploaded images and also delete the images. The Chevereto File Manager is totally made in AJAX.
Chevereto comes bundled with 38 languages which are managed using Gengo. It also has automatic language detection using HTTP content negotiation. Chevereto also supports both LTR and RTL language display on its user interface.
Custom admin folder
URL shortening integration
In late 2007 Rodolfo Berrios started Chilean based image hosting service called Godlike. Godlike soon became popular with Chilean and Latin American blogs  and media. The Godlike project was soon shut down due to the costs incurred from running the servers. On October 7, 2008 Rodolfo Berrios started the Chevereto community establishing the new project direction as an Open Source image hosting script called Chevereto.
In February 2009 interest in Chevereto grew, mainly from web developers and bloggers. This interests on Chevereto was recorded since December 2009 by the developer in a forum post on his community. This popularity pushes the developer to host the project in a source code repository and since February 2009 all the Chevereto 1.X releases are hosted in Google Code.
In April 4, 2010 the developer announce several changes in the Chevereto project being the most important the change to a proprietary license indicating that this change won't affect the currently released code and that the code won't be re-licensed. In this announcement the developer also states that the Chevereto project will migrate to English as the base language. This announcement got mixed reactions but in overall the reception was good.
In 2010 Chevereto was awarded as one of the 25 emerging scripts to watch by Hot Scripts.
Chevereto releases don't have a particular codename release naming. The developer mostly uses personal references to name each release like pets or anything that he think that is worth. The complete list of commercial Chevereto features can be found on the Chevereto road map
|Legend:||Old version||Older version, still supported||Current version||Latest preview version||Future release|
|Version||Code name||Release date||Notes|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.0||2008-10||Initial release which features local and remote upload plus image resizing and URL shortener integration|
|Old version, no longer supported: 1.9||2010-04-11||Pretty much a bug-fix of its predecessors. It has a minor release 1.91 witch was the last Chevereto Open Source release.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.0||Peafowl||2011-06-14||Added support for themes, multi-upload, multi-languages, pages and custom short URL services.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.1||Kisa||2012-05-15||Added a File Manager system, MySQL database support using PHP Data Objects (PDO), new folder structure, comments and PHP 5.4 support.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.2||Nana||2012-06-14||Added selectable folder storage and private mode.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.3||Lilo||2012-08-16||Added image delete function, remote multi-upload and watermaks.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.4||Numerao||2012-09-24||Added new theme engine system, loop function, custom admin folder, several configurable values and minify mode.|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2.5||Arrecho||2012-11-10||Integration with Google Analytics, maintenance mode and image naming options.|
|Current stable version: 3.0||2014-04-05||CDN/Multi-server support and configurable options in admin area.|
Open Source Releases
In October 29, 2011 Chevereto Open Source releases were discontinued by the Chevereto developer. There are 18 Open Source Chevereto nightly build releases which are still available in Google Code http://code.google.com/p/chevereto/
Development and Support
Chevereto is developed by Rodolfo Berríos who handles all the things that concern Chevereto.
Many security issues have been found for Chevereto 1.X. This vulnerabilities are related to Cross-site scripting, DDoS and other kinds of computing vulnerabilities related to web applications. Since this vulnerabilities where reported when the Open Source releases where already discontinued, the developer didn't issue any fix because 2.X was the newer version and that version wasn't affected.
- Chevereto – build your own free image hosting service (review), Mircea Goia
- Review Chevereto 2.0, José Tomás Albornoz
- How to Setup Your Own Image Hosting Site with Chevereto, Tharindu Kumara
- "Chevereto 2.5.9". Chevereto.com. 2013-09-07. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- "Chevereto | myGengo". mygengo.com. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto Universal Uploader". extremecoderz.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.1 - FireFox and Google Chrome Plugin Generator". imgwiz.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Godlike: Hosting de Imágenes Made in Chile". huasonic.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Godlike, alojamiento de imágenes de hasta 7MB". puntogeek.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Godlike, hosting de imagenes chileno". webprendedor.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chile se sube a la colaborativa Web 2.0". emol.com (jec.cl mirror). Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Iniciando la comunidad Chevereto". chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto: Script gratuito de almacenamiento de imágenes". xyberneticos.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Open Source Image Hosting Script: Chevereto". webresourcesdepot.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto on the net". chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Ahora en Google Code". chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Cambios importantes - Big changes". chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.0 (Peafowl)". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.0". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "25 Emerging Free Web Scripts to Watch". hotscripts.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Nightly Build 1.9". code.google.com/p/chevereto. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Nightly Build 1.91". code.google.com/p/chevereto. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.1 (Kisa)". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.1". Chevereto.com. 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "2.1 have been launched!". Chevereto.com. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.2 (Nana)". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto v2.2 is among us!". Chevereto.com. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.3". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Introducing Chevereto 2.3 (Lilo)". Chevereto.com. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.4". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Introducing Chevereto 2.4 (Numerao)". Chevereto.com. 2012-09-23. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 3.0". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "Chevereto 2.4". Chevereto.com. 2012-07-25. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "NB release is now discontinued and a possible replacement". Chevereto.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto Image Upload Script Cross Site Scripting and Information Disclosure Vulnerability". securityfocus.com. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto nb1.91 Denial Of Service". exploitsdownload.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Directory traversal vulnerability in Upload/engine.php in Chevereto 1.9.1". cvedetails.com. 2012-05-22. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 1.91 XSS Vulnerability". chevereto.com. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "<Vulnerability: 1715> Affected Entity: Chevereto". secureless.org. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "Chevereto 2.0.1". Chevereto.com. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-10-21.