Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited
|Headquarters||Godhra (Registered Office)
Gurgaon (Marketing Office)
Halol, Talegaon (Production Plant)
|Mr. Lowell Paddock, President and MD|
|Parent||General Motors India Private Limited|
Chevrolet Sales India Pvt Ltd is the division of General Motors India Private Limited which in turn is a joint venture of General Motors of the United States. It is the 5th largest car maker in India after Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra.
Chevrolet came to India in 1928. An office was set up in Bombay with an assembly plant constructed in Sewree. General Motors was the first automobile company to open an assembly plant in India. Vehicle Production started in 1928 with the National Series AB Touring. In 1952-53 the ‘socialist’ Indian Government forced General Motors India to shut shop, along with other foreign car companies. However in 2003 Chevrolet Sales India was established and the Chevrolet brand was re-launched in India. It replaced Opel as the only brand offering by General Motors India Private Limited.
CSIPL operates vehicle manufacturing plants in Halol, Gujarat and Talegaon Dabhade, Maharastra, It maintains headquarters in Halol and Gurgaon and a large technical center in Bangalore. Its Halol and Talegaon Dabhade manufacturing plants have a combined production capacity of 385,000 vehicles annually.
Many of CSIPL's vehicles sold in India are imported from GMDAT either as completely built units, or assembled with varying degree of localized manufacturing. CSIPL currently sells three hatchbacks, three sedans, one MUV and One SUV.
- Chevrolet Spark (Upgraded 2012)
- Chevrolet Beat (Launched 2010)
- Chevrolet Beat Diesel (Launched 2011)
- Chevrolet Sail U-VA (Launched 2012)
- Chevrolet Sail (Launched 2013)
- Chevrolet Cruze (Launched 2009)
- Chevrolet Enjoy (Launched 2013)
- Chevrolet Forester (2003–2005)
- Chevrolet Optra SRV (2006–2009)
- Chevrolet Aveo (2006-2012)
- Chevrolet Aveo U-VA (2006-2012)
- Chevrolet Optra (2003-2012)
Sales and service network
In the year 2010 (January to December), Chevrolet Sales India Private Limited sold 110,804 vehicles against 69,579 vehicles sold during the year 2009 (January to December) and reported an increase of 59% in sales
- "Chevrolet in India". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "GM India Confidence". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "Over 200 service centers equipped with trained technicians & equipments". Chevrolet.co.in. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "General Motors India’s sales grow by 59% in 2010". Media.gm.com. 2011-01-02. Retrieved 2011-04-18.