|Also called||Shanghai GM Chevrolet Spin|
|Assembly||São Caetano do Sul, Brazil (GM do Brasil)
|Designer||Matt Noone (exterior)
Dagoberto Tribia (interior)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door MPV|
|Platform||GM Gamma II platform|
|Engine||1.2L I4 petrol (Indonesia)
1.5L I4 petrol (Indonesia)
1.8L I4 flex (Brazil)
1.3L CRDi I4 diesel (Indonesia)
|Wheelbase||2,620 mm (103.1 in)|
|Length||4,360 mm (171.7 in)|
|Width||1,735 mm (68.3 in)|
|Height||1,664 mm (65.5 in)|
GM announced in 2012 that it will market the car globally in developing countries and assemble it also at the GM Bekasi (West Java) plant in Indonesia. Production in Indonesia has started in February 2013.
In Brazil, the Spin has replaced the Meriva as GM do Brasil phases out the badge engineering of Opels as Chevrolets and vice versa. While the original Meriva was developed jointly by GM do Brasil and Opel, the second generation Meriva has been developed exclusively by Opel and marketed only as Opel and Vauxhall.
The LTZ trim of the Spin offers seven seats, and can thus also replace in Brasil the Zafira, whose global successor is being split between Zafira and Orlando, both being based on the GM's global Delta II platform.
- GM Media Indonesia (2013-05-08). "Chevrolet Spin created and sold in Indonesia". media.gm.com (Press release). Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Aditya Maulana (2013-02-19). "Setiap 1 Jam, 10 Chevrolet Spin Lahir di Bekasi". detik.com (in Bahasa Indonesia). Jakarta, Indonesia: detikOto. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Chevrolet Spin Spesifikasi Kelebihan Harga". mobilku.org (in Bahasa Indonesia). Indonesia: Grup Mobilku. January 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Chevrolet Spin: seu carro para curtir com todo mundo". GM Media Chevrolet Brasil (press release) (in Portuguese). 28 June 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Chevrolet Imprensa - Brasil - Spin". GM Media Chevrolet Brasil (press release) (in Portuguese). 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Spin, el monovolumen mediano que agrandará la familia Chevrolet". GM Media Chevrolet Argentina (press release) (in Spanish). 2 October 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Chevrolet - Argentina - Spin". GM Media Chevrolet Argentina (in Spanish). 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Aditya Maulana (2013-02-19). "Mengintip Tempat Lahir Chevrolet Spin 'Made in Bekasi'". oto.detik.com (in Bahasa Indonesia). Jakarta, Indonesia: detikOto. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Chevrolet Spin MPV Makes Global Debut in Brazil". GM Media South Africa (press release). 29 June 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "All-new 2013 Chevrolet Spin MPV to be Built in Indonesia". GM Media Chevrolet Thailand (press release). 12 June 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2012.