1947 Chevrolet Stylemaster Coupe
|Production||1946 to 1948 model years |
|Assembly||United States 
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door sedan 
4-door sedan 
2-door coupe 
2-door sedan delivery 
2-door coupe utility (Australia) 
|Related||Chevrolet Fleetmaster |
|Engine||216.5 cu in (3.5 L) I6 |
|Transmission||3 speed manual |
|Wheelbase||116 in (2,946 mm) |
|Length||197.75 in (5,023 mm) |
|Predecessor||Chevrolet Master Deluxe |
|Successor||Chevrolet Special |
The Series DJ Stylemaster was introduced as the base trim level model in the 1946 Chevrolet range, along with the top level Series DK Chevrolet Fleetmaster. The Stylemaster, which was essentially an updated 1942 Chevrolet Master Deluxe,  was powered by a 216.5 cu in (3.5 L) Straight-six engine driving through a 3 speed manual transmission. It was offered in 2-door Town Sedan, 4-door Sport Sedan, 2-door Business Coupe and 2-door 5-Passenger Coupe models, the Business Coupe differing from the 5-Passenger Coupe in having a front seat only.
The 1947 Series 1500 EJ Stylemaster was little changed from its predecessor, the most notable visual difference being a new radiator grille with a more horizontal theme.
The 1948 Series 1500 FJ Stylemaster was again little changed from the previous year. There were no significant body alterations, however the radiator grille featured a vertical centre bar. A Club Coupe was now offered  replacing the 5-Passenger Coupe of 1947.
For the 1949 model year the Stylemaster was replaced by the 1500 GJ Series Chevrolet Special, offered in Styleline and Fleetline sub-series.
The Chevrolet Stylemaster was also produced by General Motors-Holden's in Australia. As Holden had carried over the body tooling from its 1942 models, the Australian sedan differed from its US counterpart in having a different body with rear-hinged back doors and a larger trunk. The grilles fitted to the Australian models were the same as those used on the US models. Australian production included a coupe utility, which was, like the sedan, produced in 1946, 1947 and 1948 models.
- John Gunnell, Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946 to 1975, Revised 4th Edition, pages 156 to 159
- Norm Darwin, 100 years of GM in Australia, page 76
- Chevrolet 1948 Specificatons page 7, www.oldcarbrochures.com Retrieved on 22 February 2012
- 1946 Chevrolet sales brochure, www.oldcarbrochures.com Retrieved on 22 February 2013
- 1948 Chevrolet sales brochure, www.oldcarbrochures.com Retrieved on 22 February 2013
- 1947 Chevrolet sales brochure, www.oldcarbrochures.com Retrieved on 22 February 2013
- Norm Darwin, The History of Holden in Australia since 1917, page 62
- The Post-war Chevrolet, 1946-1948, Restored Cars No 156, Jan-Feb 2003, pages 20 to 23
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chevrolet_Stylemaster.|