2013 Chevrolet Trax in Wuppertal, Germany
|Also called||Holden Trax (Oceania)
Chevrolet Tracker (Ru/Br)
|Production||April 2013 - present|
|Model years||2014 - present|
|Assembly||Bupyeong-gu, Incheon, South Korea (GM Korea)
San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí, México
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mini SUV/subcompact crossover|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Gamma II platform|
|Related||Opel Mokka/Buick Encore
1.7L Turbodiesel I4
1.4L Turbo I4
|Wheelbase||2,555 mm (100.6 in)|
|Length||4,248 mm (167.2 in)|
|Width||1,766 mm (69.5 in)|
|Height||1,674 mm (65.9 in)|
|Predecessor||Chevrolet Tracker (Europe and US)
Chevrolet HHR (Canada and Mexico)
Pontiac Vibe (Canada)
Chevrolet Trax is a mini SUV based on the Korean developed GM Gamma II platform, which is shared with the Chevrolet Aveo. The Buick Encore - GM global model co-developed Korean and American teams, which is sold in Europe market as the Opel Mokka and the Holden Trax in Australian market.
Chevrolet Trax (2013-)
The concept was first unveiled at the 2012 Paris Auto Show, with the final model unveil having happened at the 2013 North American International Auto Show. It was then available for test driving at the 2013 Montreal Auto Show, with four essay models shown. GM does not plan to sell the Trax for the United States market.
In Canada, however, the Trax will become the first compact Chevrolet crossover SUV since the discontinuation of the Tracker (read below). The vehicle started shipping on April 2, however pre-sales began as early as the fourth quarter of 2012 for both Mexico (1.8L) and Canada (1.4L Turbo). Korean sales started at late February 2013.
Holden Trax (2013-)
In Russia and South America it is being named Chevrolet Tracker, the name used in North and Latin America from 1989-1991 & 1999-2008 for a Chevrolet version of Suzuki cars. In Russian, the name "Trax" would be too closely related to the word trakh (Rus. трах), which is a colloquialism for copulation.
The Trax is offered in different markets with different choices of drivetrains. In Latin America and Australia, it comes only with the 1.8 liter petrol engine, in Canada only with the 1.4 liter turbocharged petrol engine, while European customers can chose between the 1.4 liter turbocharged one, a 1.6 liter petrol engine, and a 1.7 liter diesel engine.
|1,364 cc (83.2 cu in) I4 turbo (A14NET)||140 PS (103 kW; 138 bhp) @ 6000 rpm||200 N·m (148 lb·ft) @ 1850-4900 rpm||139 g/km||2013-|
|1,598 cc (97.5 cu in) I4 (A16XER)||115 PS (85 kW; 113 bhp) @ 6000 rpm||155 N·m (114 lb·ft) @ 4000 rpm||153 g/km||2013-|
|1,796 cc (109.6 cu in) I4 (A18XER)||140 PS (103 kW; 138 bhp) @ 6300 rpm||175 N·m (129 lb·ft) @ 3800 rpm||n/a||2013-|
|1,686 cc (102.9 cu in) I4 turbo (CDTI)||130 PS (96 kW; 128 bhp)@ 4000 rpm||300 N·m (221 lb·ft) @ 2000-2500 rpm||120 g/km||2013-|
The Trax is being produced by GM Korea and General Motors Mexico.
The Trax slots below the mid-size Chevrolet Equinox in the current line up. In Europe, some dealers started branding it as a "compact SUV", however in Canada, where the Orlando slots as "mid-size CUV" and the Equinox takes place of "compact CUV", the Trax is branded as "mini SUV/CUV" instead.
- "Chevy Trax To Wear Tracker Name In Russia, CIS". GMAuthority.com. 23 Aug 2012.
- "GM to unveil new Chevrolet small SUV in Paris". Autoweek. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- Ewing, Steven J. (2012-05-14). "Chevrolet Trax crossover headed to Paris, not bound for U.S.". Autoblog.com.
- Ross, Jeffrey N. (2013-01-10). "Chevy filling its NAIAS stand with five models not sold in US". Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- 2013 Chevrolet Trax -- GM Canada
- Chevrolet Trax to join global lineup, will debut in Paris -- Car & Driver (Retrieved 2012-05-15)
- GM to make Trax for Holden
- "Holden's baby SUV set to make Trax". Drive. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "CHEVROLET TRACKER - TODOTERRENO" (in Spanish). Bogotá, Colombia: GM Colmotores, SA. Retrieved 2013-02-05.
- "TRAX será Chevrolet TRACKER en Argentina" (in Spanish). GM Media Argentina. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chevrolet Trax.|