Chevrolet Trax (concept car)
|Chevrolet Trax Concept|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback concept car|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Engine||1.0 L I3|
The Chevrolet Trax is one of three small car concepts introduced on 4 April 2007 at the 2007 New York International Auto Show. The Trax showcases a new style of small car from General Motors with a two-tone exterior. The mini car was completely designed by GM Daewoo in South Korea. The tiny hood houses a 1.0 L gas engine with a top speed of 105mph
GM emphasizes that the Trax, Groove and Beat were created by its design studios in South Korea, a hotbed of minicar design and home to Daewoo, which supplies the Aveo and would furnish the Trax, too. Trax is a tall four-door wagon with a 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine. It looks like a micro SUV, which Chevy thinks will enhance its sporty-lifestyle appeal. In fact, Chevy says Trax aims at "active urban city dwellers who like to go off-road on the weekends." To that end, Trax could offer both front- and all-wheel drive, though it doesn't have elevated ground clearance.
The Trax, Groove and Beat were showcased to provide a vision for future designs in the GM subcompact segment. These three concepts were voted on after their introduction on the website www.vote4chevrolet.com. In the end, both the Trax and Groove lost to the Beat, which is slated for production.
- http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=74&docid=34966. Missing or empty
- "New York Auto Show: Chevy Groove live reveal photos". Autoblog.com. 2007-04-05.
- Neff, John (2007-04-04). "Chevy debuts the Beat, Groove and Trax mini car concepts". AutoBlog. Retrieved 2007-04-04.
- "Chevrolet Beat, Groove, Trax concepts debut". Leftlane. 2007-04-04.
- "Chevrolet Rolls Out Beat, Groove and Trax Minicar Concepts". Edmunds. 2007-04-04.