Chhatarpur (Madhya Pradesh) (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Chhatarpur Vidhan Sabha constituency (Hindi: छतरपुर विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1951, as one of the 48 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Vindhya Pradesh state.
Chhatarpur (constituency number 51) is one of the 6 Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in Chhatarpur district. This constituency covers the Chhatarpur municipality and part of Chhatarpur tehsil of the district.
Chhatarpur is part of Tikamgarh Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Maharajpur and Bijawar in this district and Jatara, Prithvipur, Niwari, Tikamgarh and Khargapur in Tikamgarh district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
As from a constituency of Vindhya Pradesh:
As from a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 1957: Govind Das, Indian National Congress / Dasrath, Indian National Congress
- 1962: Ram Swaroop, Bharatiya Jana Sangh
- 1967: Mahendra Kumar, Indian National Congress
- 1972: Mahendra Kumar, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Jagadamba Prasad Nigam, Janata Party
- 1980: Shankar Pratap Singh Bundela, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Jagadamba Prasad Nigam, Janata Party
- 1990: Jagadamba Prasad Nigam, Janata Dal
- 1993: Shankar Pratap Singh Bundela, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Umesh Shukla, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2003: Vikram Singh, Samajwadi Party
- 2008: Lalita Yadav, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Vindhya Pradesh". Election Commission of India website. p. 4.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008". The Election Commission of India. pp. 230, 250.
- "Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha General Elections - 2008 (in Hindi)". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 23 February 2011.