Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education
|Formation||1 November 2000|
|Type||Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India|
Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (abbreviated as CGBSE) is a board of school education in state of Chhattisgarh, India. CGBSE is state agency of Government of Chhattisgarh in India, it is responsible for promotion and development of secondary education in Chhattisgarh.
After the formation of Chhattisgarh state on 1 November 2000, Chhattisgarh government School Education Department was upgraded to Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education on 20 September 2001 under Legislative Notification No. 10-5-/13/2001-Raipur-20-7-2001.
- To conduct High School, Higher Secondary board, Higher Secondary School (Occupational), Physical Training Diploma, D.Ed. certification exams.
- To advise and help government for the construction of the proposed curriculum and textbooks, prescribed by the Board.
- To teach by correspondence courses.
- To recognize the high schools and higher secondary schools located in the state.
- To take all the necessary steps to raise the standards of the Board.
- To encourage and motivate students and teachers to strive for excellence.
- High School leaving certificate exam.(regular / self study / correspondence).
- Higher Secondary School leaving certificate exam.(regular / self study / correspondence).
- Higher Secondary (Professional) School leaving certificate exam. (Regular / self study).
- Diploma in Education (Regular / Correspondence).
- Diploma in Physical Education.
- Education in Chhattisgarh
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), India
- Indian School Certificate (ISC),India
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), India
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), India
- Boards of Education in India
- "Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Rampur". Retrieved 2013-04-15.