Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
|Swami Vivekanand Technical University|
|Established||30 April 2005|
|Location||Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India|
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU) is a public university in the city of Bhilai, the "steel city" of India, in the state of Chhattisgarh in India. The university was established on 21 January 2005. CSVTU teaches engineering and technological subjects including architecture and pharmacy at research, postgraduate, degree and diploma levels.the university was inaugurated by.Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU) has been established by an Act(No.25 0f 2004) of Legislature passed by the Chhattisgarh State Govt. Assembly, wide notification No.639/21-A/Prarupan/2004 date 21st Jan 2005 and published in the State Govt. gazette 24th January, 2005. The University incorporates the purpose of ensuring systematic, efficient and qualitative education in engineering and technological subjects including Architecture and Pharmacy at Research, Postgraduate, Degree and Diploma level. The foundation stone of the University was laid down by Hon'ble Dr. Manmohan Sigh, the Prime Minister, Govt. of India on April 30th 2005.
MISSION: To provide education, research and service in a rich intellectual environment sensitive to local, national and global aspirations, so as to prepare the students possessing knowledge, creative ability and entrepreneurial attitude for becoming successful in globally challenging atmosphere.
VISION: To be one of the world's leading innovative and creative technical universities recognised locally, nationally and internationally for excellence in teaching, research and public service. We seek to be the preferred choice of students and practitioners for undergoing technical education and advanced lifelong learning.
- To lead Research and Development activities and Consultancy through industrial problem solving.
- To provide training for faculty to improve their skills in teaching and research.
- To develop and enhance multiple intelligences and promote creativity in the members of academic community.
- To provide opportunities in order to cope with challenges of future.
- To provide avenues for collaborative planning, both for short term and long- term institutional plans.
- To provide the right kind of work ethos, professional expertise and leadership in all walks of life.
- To provide world-class professional and inter-disciplinary courses that are application oriented.
- To act as the Fountainhead of all the Engineering Colleges in the State and the School of Studies/Centers of Technical Education of the University.
- To conduct timely examinations and award degrees to candidates of all affiliated Engineering Colleges.
- To impart PG level quality education in emerging and front ranking areas of Engineering, Technology and Applied Sciences
- To provide opportunities for life long learning to all concerned.
- To develop interactions with national and international institutes, universities and organizations for making chhattisgarh a preferred destination for teaching learning research, trade and business.
- To seek and cultivate new knowledge, to engage vigorously and fearlessly in the pursuit of growth through R&D activities, and to interpret all knowledge and beliefs in the light of new inventions and discoveries
OBJECTIVES: The university shall inter alia have the following main objectives :
To provide a system of technical and management education capable of responding to the changing requirements of technical manpower.
To bring about qualitative improvement in teaching and learning process.
To provide congenial environment for continuing education consultancy, and research and development activities.
To provide for mutual benefits and develop strong links with industry and to provide consultancy and testing services for increase of internal resources of new industries and business organisations and motivate organizations for protection of intellectual property right.
To provide consultancy and testing services to increase the internal resources in industries and business institutions and motivate to protect intellectual property right.
To provide necessary help to the institutions to encourage entrepreneurship amongst students.
To maintain life contact with alumni and develop alumni sponsored programes.
To seek corporation from national institutes for innovation in technology.
To develop excellent education atmosphere and students to keep live contact with institutes of international standard.
The university has seven sections:
- Applied Sciences & Humanities
- Engineering & Technology
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- Ecology & Environment
♦Master of Engg/Tech Course in:
♣Water Resource Engineering
♣Energy and Pollution Control
♣Environmental Science & Engineering
♦PG Diploma course- Industrial Safety
♦Master of Business Administration
♦Master of Computer Application
♦U/G Bachelor of Engg. Courses in:
♣Electrical & Electronics
♣Electrical & communication Engineering
♣Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
♣Computer Science & Engineering
♣Industrial and Production Engineering
♣Modern Office Management
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|