|CEO and Chairman at UBS AG Asia Pacific|
2 June 1959 |
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT Sloan|
Chi-Won Yoon (born 2 June 1959) is a South Korean chief executive in the finance industry. He holds the position of CEO and Chairman at UBS AG Asia Pacific, and is based in Hong Kong. He is also on the board of UBS Securities Co. Ltd. and a member of the Asian Executive Board of MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
Mr. Yoon's career in financial services began in 1986. He worked for Merrill Lynch in New York, Lehman Brothers in New York and Hong Kong, and then joined UBS in 1997 as head of Equity Derivatives.
He began to oversee Asian Equities in 2004.
In June 2009 he was appointed CEO and Chairman of UBS AG, Asia Pacific, succeeding Rory Tapner and served as sole CEO and Chairman until November 2010. Since June 2009, Mr Yoon has been a member of UBS Group Executive Board.
Alongside with the membership on the board of UBS Securities Co. Ltd, Mr. Yoon holds the position of a Chairman of the Asian Executive Board for the MIT Sloan School of Management and is member of the advisory board of the MIT Center for Finance and Policy.
- "UBS names new Asia Pacific CEO", Reuters, 25 June 2009, retrieved 20 September 2011
- "UBS Chi-Won Yoon CV". UBS.com. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Song, Oe-dal (2 March 2008), "홍콩 금융가에 떠오른 한국계 CEO/The Korean CEO rising on Hong Kong's Finance Street", Chosun Ilbo, retrieved 28 November 2008
- "Bloomberg Chi-Won Yoon". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Forbes profile". Forbes. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- UBS Group Executive Board, CV Chi-Won Yoon, retrieved 15 July 2014
- "MIT CFP". MIT CFP. Retrieved 9 February 2015.