|First issue||3 March 1995|
|Company||Arnoldo Mondadori Editore|
|Based in||Segrate, Italy|
Chi (Italian for "Who") is an Italian weekly gossip magazine.
History and profile
Chi was established in 1995. The magazine, published weekly, is based in Segrate, Milan, Italy, and is published by Arnoldo Mondadori Editore. Alfonso Signorini is the editor of the weekly.
Photo of Princess Diana
The magazine came under criticism for publishing a picture of Princess Diana, taken as she was dying. The photo, which is black-and-white, depicts Diana receiving oxygen in the wreckage of the vehicle in which she died on 31 August 1997. The picture, which was also run with black bars across the Princess's face in the British newspaper The Sun, was taken from the book Lady Diana : L'enquete criminelle by Jean-Michel Caradec'h. Despite the criticism, the editor of the magazine has defended their decision to publish it.
Photos of Kate Middleton
On 12 February 2013, it was widely reported that the magazine had obtained more unauthorized photographs of Kate Middleton, this time of her on a private holiday in the Caribbean whilst pregnant, and plans to publish them. St James's Palace condemned the magazine for infringing on the Duchess' privacy. Indeed, the magazine did publish the photographs the following day.
- "Chi. Italy". Mondadori. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "The Best Italian Fashion, Beauty and Style Magazines". Made in Italy. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Eric Lyman (5 March 2014). "Italian publisher unveils magazine dedicated to Pope Francis". National Catholic Reporter (Rome). Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Photos of dying Diana outrage Britain". CBS. 14 July 2006. Retrieved 25 August 2007.
- Caradec'h, Jean-Michel (2006). Lady Diana: L'enquete criminelle. Neuilly-sur-Seine: Lafon. ISBN 9782749904795. OCLC 70874672.
- "Outrage: Italian magazine 'Chi' Princess Diana photos now online". The National Ledger. 15 July 2006. Retrieved 25 August 2007.
- Kate and William take legal action as Italian magazine 'Chi' defends publication of 'natural' photographs. The Independent.
- "Kate bikini photos published by Chi magazine in Italy". BBC News. 13 February 2013.