Chiang C. Mei
|Chiang C. Mei|
|Born||4 April 1935|
|Institutions||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Alma mater||National Taiwan University
California Institute of Technology
|Doctoral advisor||Theodore Y. Wu|
|Doctoral students||Philip L.-F. Liu|
|Notable awards||Theodore von Karman Medal|
Chiang Chung "CC" Mei (born 4 April 1935) is Ford Professor of Engineering, Emeritus, at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, known for his contributions in fluid mechanics with applications to civil, environmental, and coastal engineering.
He has been an Associate Editor of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics. He received the Moffatt–Nichol Award in 1992 and the International Coastal Engineering Award in 1995, both from the American Society of Civil Engineers. He was awarded the Theodore von Karman Medal in 2007.
The 24th International Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies of 2009 is dedicated to Mei on the occasion of his retirement. In the same year, the "C.C. Mei Symposium on Wave Mechanics and Hydrodynamics" was organised at the International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE).
Mei is married to Carolie Jean Scmitt.
- Chiang C. Mei (1989). The Applied Dynamics of Ocean Surface Waves. Singapore: World Scientific. ISBN 9971-5-0773-0.
- Chiang C. Mei (1997). Mathematical Analysis in Engineering. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-58798-0.
- Chiang C. Mei , Michael Stiassnie and Dick K- P Yue (2005). Theory adn Applications of Ocean Surface WAves, Part 1, Linear Aspects; Part 2, Nonlinear Aspects,. World Scientific Publishers. ISBN 10-981-238-8931 Check
- Chiang C. Mei , and Bogdan Vernescu (2010). Homogenization Methods in Multi-scale Mechanics. World Scieific Publishers. ISBN 10-981-4382-44-8 Check
- "Awards and Honours", MIT News, November 15, 1995, retrieved 2011-01-15
- Plotnikov, Pavel; Korobkin, Alexander, eds. (2009), Proceedings of the 24th International Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies, Zelenogorsk
- "C.C. Mei Symposium on Wave Mechanics and Hydrodynamics", OMAE 2009 (ASME), retrieved 2011-01-15