Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station
Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station
|Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station platform|
|Address||B1F., No. 8-1, Sec. 1, Roosevelt Rd.|
|Opened||December 24, 1998|
|Line(s)||Tamsui Line (R11)
Xindian Line (G11)
|Daily Ridership||48,010 (2011)
(Ranked 20th of 89)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
|Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station|
The Taipei Metro Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station is located in the Zhongzheng District of Taipei, Taiwan. It is a transfer station on the Tamsui Line and the Xindian/Xiaonanmen Branch Lines. While the memorial for which the station is named was embroiled in a naming dispute, the name of the station has remained unchanged.
The station is a three-level, underground structure with two island platforms and seven exits. The two platforms are stacked on top of one another, allowing for cross-platform interchange. The washrooms are outside the entrance area. The station is situated under Roosevelt Road, between Nanhai Road, Linsen South Road, and Aiguo East Road.
The station is home to several public art pieces. By the escalators connecting the two platform levels, a piece titled "Metamorphosis" displays a holographic flight trajectory of a paper plane. Along some of the entrance hallways, "Musical Skies" shows light boxes with images clouds in a blue sky. On the upper platform in "Platform, Stage", elements from Taiwanese folk arts and Chinese opera have been transformed into abstract elements and minimized into two curtains of lines and flat surfaces.
|L1||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|B1||Northern Concourse||Lobby, faregates, information desk|
|Restrooms, to Exits 5, 6, 7|
|Southern Concourse||Lobby, faregates, information desk|
|Restrooms, to Exits 1, 2, 3, 4|
|B2||Platform 1||← Tamsui Line toward Tamsui/ Beitou (NTU Hospital)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left, right|
|Platform 2||← Xindian Line toward Songshan (Xiaonanmen)|
|B3||Platform 3||→ Xinyi Line toward Xiangshan/ Daan (Dongmen) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right, left|
|Platform 4||→ Xindian Line toward Xindian/ Taipower Building (Guting) →|
- Exit 1: Roosevelt Rd., and Nanhai Rd.
- Exit 2: Roosevelt Rd., and Nanmen Market
- Exit 3: Roosevelt Rd., and Jinhua St.
- Exit 4: Roosevelt Rd., and Linsen S. Rd.
- Exit 5: Aiguo E. Rd., and Zhongshan S. Rd. (Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall)
- Exit 6: Zhongshan S. Rd. (National Central Library)
- Exit 7: Aiguo W. Rd.
Around the station
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Chunghwa Postal Museum
- Council of Agriculture
- National Theater and Concert Hall
- National Central Library
- Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corporation
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Central Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Taipei Botanical Garden
- Star Kids Mania(between this station and Guting Station)
- Zhongzheng District Administration Center
- Karawari Jinhu Community (between this station and Dongmen Station)
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations". Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- Caroline Gluck (2007-05-19). "Taiwan to rename Chiang landmark". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- "第二章 土木，建築，水環、軌道". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Second Stage of Taipei MRT (Approved MRT Routes)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "President promotes plans to build Wanda MRT line". Taipei Times. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-06.