Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Song
The Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Song (Chinese: 蔣公紀念歌) was written to commemorate the late President Chiang Kai-shek of the Republic of China. There are two songs, the second song was written by Hwang Yau-tai or Huang Youdi, Huang Yu-ti (黃友棣) in 1975, who later also wrote Chiang Ching-kuo Memorial Song in 1988. The song was formerly popular for school choir competitions as students were required to memorize it. Since the 1990s, under the presidency of Lee Teng-hui, this song has fallen into disuse. However, most of the population still knows this song. The song is still being played daily in the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall every morning. Occasionally, it can be heard during political campaigns as well.
(This one was written by 張齡 and 李中和)
- 總統 蔣公, 您是人類的救星, 您是世界的偉人
- 總統 蔣公, 您是自由的燈塔, 您是民主的長城
- 內除軍閥, 外抗強鄰, 爲正義而反共, 圖民族之復興
- 蔣公, 蔣公, 您不朽的精神, 永遠領導我們
- 反共必勝, 建國必成, 反共必勝, 建國必成!
(This one was written by 秦孝儀 and 黃友棣, Hwang Yau-tai)
翳惟總統， 武嶺 蔣公，巍巍蕩蕩，民無能名！巍巍蕩蕩， 民無能名！
English translation of the first song
- President General Chiang, you are the savior of mankind, you are the greatest person in the whole world.
- President General Chiang, you are the lighthouse of freedom, you are the Great Wall of democracy.
- |: Eliminated the warlords, fought foreign aggression, opposed communism for righteousness, to seek the renaissance of our race! :|
- General Chiang, General Chiang, your everlasting spirit will forever guide us.
- We shall win against communism, we shall build the nation, we shall win against communism, we shall build the nation!
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Song audio file
- National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Chiang Kai-shek statues
- Hwang Yau-tai
- 800 Heroes Song