Chicago PD (TV series)
Promotional Title Card
|Country of origin||United States|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original airing||January 8, 2014|
On March 27, 2013, it was reported that NBC was considering plans for a spin-off of Chicago Fire. Deadline revealed that the proposed spin-off would involve the Chicago Police Department, and would be created and executive produced by Dick Wolf, Derek Haas, Michael Brandt, and Matt Olmstead.
On May 10, 2013, NBC picked up the show for the 2013–14 United States network television schedule. On May 12, 2013, the show was announced as an unscheduled midseason replacement. The show is shot entirely in Chicago. The show will focus on uniformed police patrol and the Intelligence Unit that pursues the perpetrators of the city's major street offenses. On October 18, 2013, NBC has announced that it will be premiering on January 8, 2014, at 10:00 pm EST, after Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
It has been reported that Chicago PD will have a crossover with Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in which Fin (Ice-T) and Rollins (Kelli Giddish) visit Chicago to find a serial rapist/killer who may have gone there after starting in New York. The episode is most likely to air in February 2014 after the Winter Olympics. This places the series in the same fictional universe as the Law & Order franchise, New York Undercover and other series.
- Jason Beghe as Sergeant Hank Voight
- Jon Seda as Detective Antonio Dawson
- Jesse Lee Soffer as Detective Jay Halstead
- Sophia Bush as Detective Erin Lindsay
- Patrick John Flueger as Kyle Ruzak
- LaRoyce Hawkins as Officer Kevin Atwater
- Elias Koteas as Alvin Olinsky
- Marina Squerciati as Officer Kim Burgess
- Archie Kao as Sheldon Jin
- Stella Maeve as Nadia
- America Olivo as Laura Dawson, Antonio's wife
- Emily Peterson as Wendy, Ruzak's fiancée
Tania Raymonde has been cast in the planned series as a police officer named Nicole. Disney XD's Aaron Stone star Kelly Blatz has also been cast as a young but seasoned Officer Elam. The new characters will be introduced in the penultimate episode of Chicago Fire's first season (airing May 15, 2013). Scott Eastwood is set to portray Officer Jim Barnes in the Chicago Fire season finale and the proposed spin-off. Eastwood also co-starred with Tania Raymonde in Texas Chainsaw 3D. Law & Order: SVU's Melissa Sagemiller will portray Detective Willhite, a member of the Chicago PD Intelligence Unit. However, rather than having a lead role in the regular cast as originally planned, her character was dropped after her initial guest spot on Chicago Fire. Other cast members include Jason Beghe as the Intelligence team Sergeant Hank Voight and Jon Seda as Detective Antonio Dawson. LaRoyce Hawkins was the only Chicago area actor originally cast in May.
As the show went into pre-production, the cast began to change. On June 13, 2013, it was announced that Melissa Sagemiller would no longer be a part of the show and Jesse Lee Soffer officially joined the cast as a series regular. His character will be introduced in the second season of Chicago Fire. On August 23, 2013, Patrick Flueger and One Tree Hill star Sophia Bush joined the cast as Detective Kyle Ruzak and Erin Lindsay respectively. Marina Squerciati joined the cast on August 28. On August 30, Elias Koteas became a regular. Archie Kao was announced as a regular on September 27. On October 21, Stella Maeve was cast in a recurring role as Nadia, a pretty 18-year-old escort who is addicted to heroin and goes through a very difficult withdrawal. Sydney Tamiia Poitier will guest star in five episodes as a detective, who will eventually crossover on to Chicago Fire.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 27, 2013). "NBC Eyes 'Chicago Fire' Spinoff Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Slezak, Michael (March 27, 2013). "Chicago Fire Spreading? NBC Considering Police-Centric Spinoff Series". TV Line. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Metz, Nina (May 10, 2013). "NBC picks up 'Chicago Fire' spinoff 'Chicago PD'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 12, 2013). "NBC 2013-2014 Schedule: 'Revolution' Goes to Wednesday, 'Grimm' & 'Dracula' Pair for Friday, 'Parenthood' Thursday + 'Biggest Loser' & 'Chicago Fire' to Tuesdays". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 12, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley; Rose, Lacey (May 10, 2013). "NBC Series Orders: 'Chicago Fire' Spinoff, 'Ironside' Remake, 'Undateable'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 18, 2013). "'Ironside' & 'Welcome to the Family' Canceled by NBC; 'Community' to Premiere January 2, 'Chicago P.D.' January 8". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- Exclusive: Law & Order: SVU Cops to Guest Star on Chicago PD
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 10, 2013). "Kelly Blatz Cast In 'Chicago Fire' Spinoff". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (April 9, 2013). "Chicago Fire Exclusive: Scott Eastwood (aka Clint's Son) Joins Police-Focused Spin-Off". TV Line. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 10, 2013). "Melissa Sagemiller To Star In NBC's 'Chicago Fire' Spinoff". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2013-08-23). "Sophia Bush & Patrick Flueger Join NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Series Regulars". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Rackl, Lori (2013-05-14). "The personal lives of police at the heart of ‘Chicago Fire’ spinoff". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2103-10-17.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 13, 2013). "Exclusive: NBC's Chicago Fire Spin-Off Drops Melissa Sagemiller, Adds Jesse Lee Soffer". TV Line.
- Goldberg, Lesley (August 23, 2013). "Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger Join NBC's 'Chicago PD'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2013-08-28). "NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ Adds Another Regular". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Goldberg, Lesley (2013-08-30). "'The Killing's' Elias Koteas Boards 'Chicago PD' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2013-09-27). "Archie Kao Joins ‘Chicago PD’ As Regular; Genevieve Angelson In ‘House Of Lies’". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Stella Maeve Joins ‘Chicago PD’; Nick Tarabay Cast In ‘Believe’; ‘Gang Related’ & ‘Twisted’ Also Add Recurring". Deadline. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (December 2, 2013). "Sydney T. Poitier Gets 'Chicago PD'/ 'Chicago Fire' Role, Tim Daly Joins 'Hot In Cleveland'". Deadline. Retrieved December 4, 2013.